Vanderlande Industries is a leading global supplier of turnkey material handling systems for airport baggage handling and the distribution, parcel and postal markets. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer and System Integrator of all our material handling solutions. Vanderlande offers engineering, design, installation, and operations, as well as maintenance services.
Vanderlande Industries brings more than 70 years of experience and know-how to the industry and ranks as the 5th largest material handling supplier in the world. Our North America headquarters is in Marietta, GA and serves the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Vanderlande’s Service RMR Department is responsible for the planning and implementation of complex material flow systems as well as their refurbishments, extensions and modifications that require professional project execution skills. As Site Manager – RMR, you assume overall responsibility for the installation, assembly, dismantling, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery and leads successful on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems. You are proactive in reporting and resolving logistic, technical or organizational problems and have good communication with the customer about progress, out of scope work, non-conformities, timely payments and all other site related issues.
The Site Manager is responsible for leading the installation of critical high-end equipment within our Warehouse Solutions service projects. This includes drawing up the installation project plan, containing objectives, project organization, planning, budget, in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to High Speed Sorters, All types of conveyors, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors, etc.
- Supervise with the unloading, inspecting, moving and setting of equipment into position
- Supervise rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls ,and come along to move equipment / materials into place
- Supervision of 5-20 installers
- Will work closely with the Vanderlande Management team to potentially manage several groups of leads and installers
- Will have to ability to manage multiple on-site personnel and tasks
- Ensure compliance of the Vanderlande processes within the project
- Perform quality checks on installation and these processes
- Monitor and manage quality, time, costs and provision of information
- Identify and analyze (potential) problems / risks and opportunities and initiates adequate corrective and preventive actions
- Commitment to Vanderlande values and safety rules and regulations
- Ensure working within the project safety plan.
- Play a leading role in the execution of specific equipment which includes managing quality, time, budget & provision of information.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly project status reports.
- Managing the activities including sub-contractors (electrical).
- Understanding & managing the interests & expectations of all stakeholders.
- Assure site quality.
- Acquire commissioning support.
- Coordinate electrical field change orders/estimates.
- Coordinate punch list.
- Oversee receiving, distribution, site warehouse and documentation of materials.
- Oversee procurement, create supply chain status report.
- Troubleshooting site installation issues
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma, Technical degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience as in mechanical installations
- Ability to meet all physical demands – see below
- Experience using industrial lifting equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days, as needed
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications, and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Experience working as a mechanical installer on a new construction project
- Ability to manage mechanical and electrical installers in a way to ensure time for commissioning and testing requirements
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Safety awareness for the assigned scope
- Contract management experience
- Project planning and site organization
- Experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Working knowledge of cables, ropes, hoists, and chains
- Very knowledgeable of the Vanderlande way of working, plans and specs
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Safety awareness for the assigned scope
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Ability to utilize a high degree of common sense
- OSHA 30
- Former/technical education
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry, and layout
- Knowledge of software like JDE, Insight, Omnitracker, Enovia, straitWeb is preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 plus hours a week, eligible for overtime after 58 hours. Must be willing to work 7 days a week with paid overtime.
- This position may require up to 80% travel when projects are active/in progress
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.