- Lead & manage the on-site installation team on complex projects taking ownership over all site related challenges
- P&L responsibility for all Site based activities and associated costs
- Manages site-based contracts with high project risk and complex installed equipment.
- Understanding of contracts and able to effectively mitigate related risks.
- Identify and analyse (potential) problems / risks and opportunities and initiates adequate corrective and preventive actions
- Understands claim avoidance and when necessary, claim handling.
- Manages quality, time, costs and provision of information.
- Full responsibility for reporting and escalating nonconformities to customer and PM
- Ability to negotiate with customer and subcontractors. Manages contract issues in a professional way.
- Manages stakeholders at any level, including senior management (in and outside VI).
- Communicate with customer about progress, out of scope work and all site related issues
- Multi-disciplined and looks further than borders of own field.
- Manage the high-quality execution of the installation process (schedule, quality) according to corporate processes
- Perform quality checks on installation and these processes
- Responsibility for organizing and overseeing all HSE related activities on site
- Production of the Installation Project Plan detailing; objectives, organization, planning and cost calculations, in consultation with Project manager
- Initiates improvements of the site management process
- Proper reporting to customer, PM and head office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Proven leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a track record of working effectively in a team environment that incorporates engineering and project management
- Proactive and hands on work ethic proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
- Working knowledge of electromechanical controls wiring and systems.
- Experience with contract management, project planning and site organization
- Must be able to travel up to 75% (domestic or international)
- Preferably a BSc in Engineering or relevant Project Management experience managing engineering projects though a craft-based background is equally valid
- This is an entry level Project Manager role so a track record in the project delivery will be essential
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.