The Site Manager is responsible for all site-based activities related to Vanderlande’s scope of work, particularly the installation of the material handling equipment. This includes planning activities reporting and resolving logistic, technical or organizational problems and have good communication with the customer about progress, out of scope work, non-conformities, timely payments and all other site related issues.
- Lead & manage the on-site installation team on complex projects taking ownership over all site related challenges
- P&L responsibility for all Site based activities and associated costs
- Manages site-based contracts with high project risk and complex installed equipment.
- Understanding of contracts and able to effectively mitigate related risks.
- Identify and analyse (potential) problems / risks and opportunities and initiates adequate corrective and preventive actions
- Understands claim avoidance and when necessary, claim handling.
- Manages quality, time, costs and provision of information.
- Full responsibility for reporting and escalating nonconformities to customer and PM
- Ability to negotiate with customer and subcontractors. Manages contract issues in a professional way.
- Manages stakeholders at any level, including senior management (in and outside VI).
- Communicate with customer about progress, out of scope work and all site related issues
- Multi-disciplined and looks further than borders of own field.
- Manage the high-quality execution of the installation process (schedule, quality) according to corporate processes
- Perform quality checks on installation and these processes
- Responsibility for organizing and overseeing all HSE related activities on site
- Production of the Installation Project Plan detailing; objectives, organization, planning and cost calculations, in consultation with Project manager
- Initiates improvements of the site management process
- Proper reporting to customer, PM and head office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Proven leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a track record of working effectively in a team environment that incorporates engineering and project management
- Proactive and hands on work ethic proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
- Working knowledge of electromechanical controls wiring and systems.
- Experience with contract management, project planning and site organization
- Must be able to travel up to 75% (domestic or international)
- Relevant Project Management experience managing engineering projects though a craft-based background is equally valid
- This is an entry level Project Manager role so a track record in the project delivery will be essential