Vanderlande’s Site Management Department is responsible for the Installation and project execution of Material Handling Systems, Airports, Warehouse Automation and Parcel Sortation systems for our customers throughout North America. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding. You will report hierarchically to the Manager of Site Management, and daily to the Site Manager or the Project Manager. In this position, you will be working within a Site Management project team to manage the installation of baggage handling, automation or parcel sortation system. You will be responsible for the high quality electrical and/or mechanical installation and to ensure the system is installed with efficiency, against the project specifications and technical requirements.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for leading large installation projects. This includes drawing up the installation project plan, containing objectives, project organization, planning, budget, in consultation with the Site Manager and Project Manager. The Site Supervisor reports directly to the Site Manager or Project Manager.
- Play a leading role in the realization of the installation project plan which includes managing quality, time, budget & provision of information.
- Developing & executing a project safety plan.
- Providing input and support to the Site Manager and the Commissioning & Testing team.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly project status reports.
- Managing the activities including sub-contractors.
- Understanding & managing the interests & expectations of all stakeholders.
- Assure site quality
- Acquire commissioning support
- Coordinate field change orders/estimates and conflicts
- Coordinate punch list
- Oversee receiving, distribution, site warehouse and documentation of materials
- Oversee procurement, create supply chain status report
- Troubleshooting site installation issues
- Completion of a one or two- year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology.
- On Site experience in industrial automation projects and industrial networks
- Experience with installing (Siemens) controls systems is prefeered, including working with distributed controls systems and Local Motor Starters (LMS) driven systems.
- Proven ability to develop and understand detailed schedules Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) 30-hour certified or equivalent (e.g. Standard First Aid)
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance pass.
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 40%, this is a local position to LAX
- Track record of excellent leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects (50 lbs.), use abdominal & lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue & to readily walk back & forth across the project; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crunch, &/or crawl & climb and manuver narrow stairs.
You will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, etc. We offer a full-time position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. A training program will be set up based on your personal ambition and executed in close cooperation with the Vanderlande Academy.
Besides your primary salary you will receive the following benefits:
- Training Plans
- Health plan
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.