Position Name: Architect Software Development – R&D team
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. www.vanderlande.com
Research and Development India (R&D India) is an extended arm of R&D Netherlands and plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
As an Architect Software development, you will define the architecture to ensure the platform modularization, ensure the reusability, dive into defining technical requirements and development in-line with requirements and architecture. Ensure complex scenarios of flexible control system and support our engineers on site with advice and solutions. Together with them, you will make sure the systems keep on performing for decades. Beside that, you will make sure the system performs on new industrial control hardware. During this process you will analyze risks, solve problems, decompose bottlenecks, test and generate recommendations for improvements. As an experienced software engineer, you will be actively involved in team effort through different development stages.
In this challenging role, you will be widely involved in all kind of design, development and support activities.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile software engineer
- BE. / B. Tech/ M.E / M. Tech (Any Discipline) degree from a recognized University / Institution;
- You have at least 12-15 years of relevant working experience, preferably on embedded or control systems.
- Hands-on experience of 10+ years in Software Development in C/C++.
- Works closely with global stream architect, product owner and scrum master.
- Prolific programmer and an expert code reviewer against the architecture, coding guidelines, code documentation and optimization.
- Experience in soft and/or hard real-time operating systems Linux is must.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and UML;
- Industrial Automation using Siemens IPC, industrial networks like OPC UA, OPC DA, Profinet, Profibus, ASi experience is a big plus;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git) is a plus;
- Background in using development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube);
- Experience in soft and/or hard real-time operating systems, preferably Linux;
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and UML is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in Agile way of working is a plus;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git);
- Background in managing development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, CMake, GNU tool chain);
Good command over English;
- Agile mindset / team player;
- Soft skills essential for R&D job: Taking Initiative, Creativity, Cooperation, Learning Ability, Advising, Systemic Thinking, Analyzing & listening.
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
- Drive to win, result and goal-oriented attitude
- You like challenges and love puzzles