You like it when you order something online and it arrives quickly? You’re in luck, you can come work with us to make a difference in the parcel business by using state of the art technologies to make sure everyone receives its order on time.
Vanderlande develops software that is deployed in companies like DHL, UPS, FedEx and many more! We're a small team in Barcelona, so you'll have the chance to really make an impact and your talent will be recognized. But you will also have more than 9000 colleagues worldwide, our department includes teams in three different countries and our solution is deployed on all continents so you’ll be able to interact with people all over the world!
The Software Development Manager is responsible for some of the software product development teams within the Global Development Center Software (DCS). This leader ensures that the software delivered is of high quality and on time (per commitments), meeting the product requirements and specifications. The Software Development Manager ensures that the development teams follow best-in-class and standard tools, processes and practices. This person will be working with multiple development and product management teams internationally to deliver on product and project initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Make sure your product is delivered in time, meeting the product requirements and specification, and manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to meet expected deliverables
- Take a lead role in continuous improvements of complex software systems / product / technology, implement best practices for the full software development lifecycle in your team(s) and align these practices with the global organization.
- Remove impediments to make sure teams have all what is needed to deliver their product.
- Works with Solution/Software Architects to help define the solution and produce cost estimations
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Architects in refinement and defining feature functionality and acceptance criteria to meet product roadmap
- Mentor and coach direct reports and teams in different geographic locations internationally
- Handle the HR related tasks (hiring, onboarding, performance evaluation, etc.) for your team(s).
- Propose staffing strategies (growing existing teams, creating new teams, outsourcing, hiring contractors, etc.), raise hiring and equipment needs
- Drive increasing development performance with KPI based metrics around quality, velocity, etc. and communicate with management/stakeholders on those metrics and milestones
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the software development ecosystem
- You have proven experience with SCRUM teams and Agile Development
- Strong analytical/leadership abilities and able to drive team members to rapid technical recommendations
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team) and ability to influence at various levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to travel internationally (10%)
In an ideal world you have:
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud native applications, and enterprise-wide systems
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of container based applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.) utilizing Kubernetes clusters