Are you challenged by working on innovation, data and new technologies? Are you a fast learner and comfortable with change?
Vanderlande is busy developing new digital services and leveraging cloud technologies on Microsoft Azure for building our new Data Platform. The Data Platform main goal is to provide services and tools to ensure that data practitioners can focus on extracting information and insights without need to deal with underlying technical complexity.
In this exciting position you will be at the heart of digital innovation and you will work in a high performance DevOps team focused on designing, implementing and operating the Vanderlande Data Platform at scale.
In your role, you will be able to design, create and manage advanced software solutions. In order to do that you will collaborate with architects, data stewards, data analysts, data scientists and other (big) data engineers as well as peers in IT and various business domains of Vanderlande, with the goal of evolving the Data Platform and creating Data Products.
The Data Platform team is part of the Data Management department with the mission of enabling data-driven decision making through high quality Data Product and a world-class platform.
The team is responsible for the data platform implementation based on Data Mesh concepts and provides highly automated and self-service products to various data practitioners in order to enable easy, fast, secure and reliable development, operations and management of Data Products.
As a Data Platform Engineer, part of the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing , deploying and operating solutions in Azure to enable production of Data Products.
- Supporting architects with designing, implementing and continuously improving the Data Platform architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing solutions for greater scalability, etc.
- Support the implementation of the Data Mesh concept and related architecture solutions by evolving and evangelizing the self-service Data Platform.
- Build custom tools and ensure full integration with the other tools which are part of the platform.
- Keeping up to date with new developments on Azure and in the Data and Software Engineering field
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or other technical fields of study
- Passion for IT technology and highly motivated to learn and improve continuously
- Highly value collaboration and open communication with your direct and indirect colleagues.
- You are willing to share knowledge and learn and you are happy to work in a diverse DevOps team
- Basic knowledge of front end web development
- Experience with design and development of REST APIs
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing
- Good understanding of DevOps practices
- Experience working with cloud technologies (preferably Azure)
- Keen interest in advocating good software engineering practices.
If the role of Data Platform Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information about selection process please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.