The Solution Architect translates customer requirements into a system specifications set. Starting with the operational concept, they draw up system requirements.
Responsible for monitoring the consistency of the system concept and system demands during project realization.
In the delivery phase of the project, they participate in operational training and process improvement.
After delivery of the system, enable the knowledge transfer at Engineering level and propose improvements for work methods, concepts and architecture.
The SA also co-operates in tender courses in the field of system concept and technology choices.
Frequent communication with internal and external customers.
The System Integration department is part of the business unit Warehousing within Vanderlande Industries and is responsible for the system design, testing, and integration of complex Warehousing systems worldwide. The integration of all components (mechanical, electronic, LLC software, HLC software and IT) into a working turnkey system according to specifications, is especially challenging for large omnichannel warehouses.
- Perform compliancy analysis and compare project requirements versus product specification
- Formulate user requirements as starting point for system design.
- System Design Tasks
- Create Operational Concept
- Create Functional Design
- Create System Decomposition and Architecture
- Select Functional Module and Implementation Technologies
- Create Interface specifications
- Provide Technical Guidance to project teams
- Manage consistency between system design and mono disciplinary designs.
- Support Sales
- Advise on High Risk and non-standard tender requirements
- Verify / Review system design developed by sales engineering.
- Manage customer expectations of system capabilities
The Solution Architect Should:
- Have detailed, holistic knowledge of material handling equipment and systems.
- Have understanding of customer processes in relevant market segments.
- Have experience in industrial automation.
- Be able to perform a health and safety risk analysis on component and system level.
- Have knowledge of business process automation (High Level Controls, and Warehouse Controls Systems)
- Have an understanding of requirements management and relevant tooling.
- Have knowledge of IT architecture
- Have experience in test strategy, methods, and relevant tooling (JIRA, Quality Center, Jenkins, etc)
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Automated Material Handling Industry
- You are willing to travel for about 30% of the time per year
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.