Solutions Engineer, Sydney
Vanderlande have of a vacancy for a Solutions Engineer based in Sydney. The role will support the Australian & APAC business in developing the system design and assisting in the tender process for new Airport Baggage and Parcel Handling projects. Once projects are sold the Solutions Engineer will contribute be ensuring the solution layouts are innovative, fit for purpose and fully integrated into our customers BIM models.
Our latest project is the delivery of the baggage handling system for Western Sydney Airport. The successful applicant will first work through the detailed design phase for this solution before being deployed onto other tenders throughout the APAC region. The long term ambition for this recruit is to develop deep expertise in both Baggage and Parcel Solutions contributing the Vanderlande business globally. If you are an aspiring Solutions Engineer looking to get involved with major projects then this is the role for you.
You will work closely with Project Directors, Sales Directors and Global Solutions Specialists and be involved in the full project lifecycle from client brief, defining the scope of works, developing a solution, costing and presenting the final solution.
Salary / Allowances
- Industry Leading Salary
- Based in Mascot.
- Interstate / International Travel
- Respond to RFQ, RFT
- Take an effective client brief.
- Define the project scope and budget.
- Lead the development of the technical solution.
- Cost and provide a quote for the project.
- Prepare and present the solution to the client.
- Manage bid modifications and contract negotiations.
- Brief and support the project execution team to deliver the solution.
- Generate new projects by building strong client relationships.
- Research and identify new trends and business opportunities.
- Mechanical Engineer
- Innovative thinker
- 5 Yrs Automation / Material Handling / Baggage Handling
- Has knowledge of relevant material handling equipment
- Understands material handling systems on a system level
- Has knowledge of customer processes in relevant market segments Airports and Logistics
- Experienced with AutoCAD
- Experience with Visio
- Full Australian Working Rights
Global Airport and Warehouse Automation Leaders who write, design, provide the equipment, manage the installation, provide client support and maintain the Baggage Handling Systems, Distribution Centres for leading Australian eCommerce, Retail and Airports.