Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. We are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world.
With a mixed Engineering and Entrepreneurial mindset, Vanderlande has more than 9,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
The Asia Pacific Sourcing department within Vanderlande is part of Supply Chain Center Asia Pacific, closely connected to the Global Supply Chain organization. It plays a key role in the world-wide deliveries of products and services to Vanderlande solutions. There is a high degree of cooperation with R&D, Engineering, Quality, Service, Projects and other Supply Chain departments around the globe. Sourcing is tasked to develop and maintain a stable and competitive supply base to support Vanderlande’s projects, services and sustainable profitability. Within Vanderlande, the department operates on both strategical and tactical level.
As a Sourcing manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a reliable supplier base in India and South East Asia to support current and future projects. You will be responsible for developing new suppliers and for the execution of the strategy and managing the supply risks. Together with your Category Team, of which you will be the chair(wo)men, you will ensure the performance of your suppliers on quality, delivery, service and cost competitiveness. You negotiate best contract conditions for Vanderlande and ensure healthy relationships with your suppliers.
1. Provide a reliable base of approved suppliers in Asia Pacific to support the business units current and future needs (MEQ, CEQ, IT)
- Conduct market analysis, provide direction by identify potential new suppliers to meet BU requirements etc..
- Identify potential new suppliers and manage the supplier assessment, approval and onboarding, with the input of internal customers.
- Maintain a healthy supply base serving business demands,
- Own and nurture the relationship between key suppliers and Vanderlande, become intimately familiar with suppliers’ capabilities, capacities, strengths & weaknesses.
- Negotiate supply agreements and cost models with key suppliers, ensure pricing and lead time information is updated in the ERP master data.
- Support buyers to escalate and resolve issues with existing suppliers, evaluate supplier performance through quarterly business reviews and monthly performance dashboard issuance.
2.Anticipate the upcoming project requirements to ensure successful procurement
- Identify project specific requirements (technical, volume,…) in the sales pipeline (12+ months out) to proactively ensure the right suppliers will be available
- Develop AP Supply base by identifying competitive sources for key components.
- Review technical requirements from product R&D and project engineering and recommend how to adjust specifications to minimize costs, lead time and risks (manufacturability, use of AP materials and standards, procurability, standardization…)
- Communicate upcoming market changes to stakeholders (technology, workload, new players, market prices, M&A…)
3.Leverage procurement categories to minimize the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Vanderlande
- Be the sourcing point of contact for a portfolio of categories in the AP region
- Collaborate closely with sourcing managers in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America to align the global category decisions
- Apply best sourcing practices and identify continuous improvement opportunities in tools and processes (RFI, RFQ, award criteria, spend analysis, supplier scorecards, …)
- Contribute to end-to-end overall flow optimization and performance (On Time Delivery, costs, flexibility).
Directly reporting to: SCC AP Sourcing team leader (SH)
Number of direct reports below: 0
Job Requirements (skills and experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement or sourcing position
- Expertise sourcing mechanical and electrical components, understanding of their manufacturing processes
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%. (domestic and international)
- Provide team leadership to sourcing employees (5 currently). Identify the human resources needs, and manage the growth and performance of the team members.
- Fluent English
- Prior experience in the manufacturing or project-based business will be preferred
- Curious and ability to continuously learn
- Sense of customer service, cross functional team player, relationship builder
- Pro actively take action, good time management, ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- High ability to work autonomously, pro active behaviour
- Ability to think out of the box
- Experience with procurement methods (should cost, RFQ, linear pricing, Economic Order Quantity, experience curve, …)
- Ability to develop business cases based on total cost to support Sourcing decisions
- Excellent negotiation skills, creative thinker, problem solver
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, superior communicator
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to set own goals and get things done
- Ability to analyze spend and turn it into useful information (excel pivot tables, graphs, vlookup, AI…)
- Master`s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply chain or APICS certification (CSCP, CPIM or related)
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Sourcing Manager you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.