As a Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a reliable supplier base to support current and future projects. Sourcing Managers define the strategy for categories ranging from mechanical and electrical components to complete turn-key systems and services.
During the execution of projects, you will support the project buyers throughout the entire procurement process from specification to delivery of the goods and/or services. The Sourcing Manager will be part of Supply Chain Center North America and will report to the Group Leader, 3rd Party Sourcing.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Provide a reliable base of approved suppliers to support the business units current and future needs:
• Get and keep the best supply base that is fully aligned with and covers the needs of internal
customers (airport baggage, warehouse and parcel business units)
• Develop and manage a supply base and build long-term strategic relationships with key supply partners in each category, providing a competitive advantage within the North American market
• Manage the process of supplier selection and onboarding, in line with the objectives of the category strategies
• Define expectations, create measures and implement strategies to improve supplier performance on Quality, Logistics, Technology, Total Cost and Sustainability
• Negotiate pricing and terms, and implement framework contracts with key suppliers, using contract templates in collaboration with Corporate Counsel
Anticipate the upcoming project requirements to ensure successful procurement:
• Work proactively with internal customers starting in the sales phase (Project Managers, Sales engineering, Project buyers…) to recommend the right suppliers
• Identify project specific requirements (technical, volume…) in the sales pipeline (12+ months out)
• Provide feedback to adjust projects and products requirements, recommend how to minimize project costs and lead time (manufacturability, procurability, standardization…)
• Assist buyers to use suppliers under contact, and support them to escalate and resolve issues with existing suppliers
• Communicate upcoming market changes to internal customers (technology, workload, new players, Mergers & Acquisitions…)
Leverage procurement categories to minimize the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Vanderlande:
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies for a portfolio of key categories (mechanical & controls equipment, installation, steelwork…) that are aligned with the needs of the business units and get their buy-in
• Work closely together with other departments within SCC NA, which are involved in the sales and execution of projects
• Apply best sourcing practices and identify continuous improvement opportunities in tools and processes (RFx, award criteria, spend segmentation, supplier scorecards,)
• Work closely together with the Sourcing managers of another SCC’s in Europe and Asia-Pacific
• Work according to the company Management System, use procedures and work instructions associated with Supply Chain
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Administration), Engineering, or Supply Chain or equivalent required (Master's Degree is preferred)
• Prior experience in project-based industry is required
• Purchasing certification (CPM or related) and/or PMP preferred, or international equivalent
• 8+ years of progressive experience in Sourcing, Procurement and Supply Chain, including 5 years supervisory experience
• Strong analytical capabilities to understand and develop the right way forward
• Strong leadership and influential skills to convince internal and external organization and to implement improvements
• Sharp team player, active listener
• Good negotiation skills, to make clear agreements with suppliers and internal organization
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to make complex business decisions
• Result-driven with a sense of urgency, self-directed to prioritize high impact activities
• Strong people skills and ability to coach, encourage, defend, and persuade others in a fast moving and challenging environment
• Global point of view and international experience, moving seamlessly between cultures
• Willingness to travel internationally (20%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.