This position is a Sr Accountant within the Lead to Cash(Accounts Receivable) team of Vanderlande Industries NA Inc. This position will require a team player that has strong problem solving skills and solid accounting background. This will require someone who is willing to work across department as well as within the Finance organization.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Prepare invoices per customer or contract requirements per schedule as assigned
- Proactively update all invoicing schedules for updates by project execution teams.
- Monitor outstanding A/R and communicate with Account owner to facilitate next steps, follow up as needed
- Proactively update invoicing schedules upon order receipt
- Review contracts for invoicing requirements, ensuring that schedules and procedures ensure deliverables are met by deadlines
- Review regularly billing contract value equals order intake per project, research and communicate as needed to ensure corrections are timely
- Review cash position of projects, determining reasons for balances and following-up with organization to limit exposure as possible
- Review cashflow risk calculations during sales phase as an effort to secure better terms & conditions
- Prepare and understand Multi-Currency Excel models for customer contracts where there is a foreign currency component as it relates to inflows and outflows in our cash positions
- Process or support project administration as assigned (ASUF, LeWhi entry, project chart of account)
- Balance Sheet, Customer Billing and Trade Payables reconciliations
- Work in automatic invoicing system processing supplier invoices
- Work with controlling and project execution teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage large internal projects or represent WSS NA accordingly
- Act on behalf of or as back up for one of the WSS North America managers (AR, AP or GL)
- Comfortable with training new employees inside and outside the WSS Team
- Ability to identify improvements and implement continuous improvements in conjunction with WSS NA
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance or 5-10 yrs. relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel experience with proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with JD Edwards E1 or similar accounting software
- Experience multitasking/handling multiple deliverables simultaneously while taking care of operational tasks
- Ability to think through to a solution and work independently
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, must be pro-active
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to invest in own development and future, in an ambitious and international environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Speaking Spanish is a plus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimal Domestic & International travel may be involved
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is for the most part sedentary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.