Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Draw up functional and detailed specifications independently for large and complex projects based on the order file, customer specific demands and controls architecture according to the VI process.
- Develop modules on behalf of the standard libraries.
- Select parts/solutions from standardized solutions and re-use standard modules.
- Define and document procedures and standards.
- Subject matter expert on realization of complex controls applications and (sub)systems. Build and configure, generate, program, test and document.
- Report problems (Problem Report) and improvements (Change Requests).
- Start up controls systems independently according to the commissioning plan and in consolidation with site supervisor and controls project leader.
- Advise the Project Leader Engineering and Project Manager with regard to solutions of complex technical and multi-disciplinary problems.
- Realize a quality and complete Service Take Over.
- Be able to apply thorough experience within specific discipline to recognize project risks early and react proactively to technical problems.
- Make improvement proposals of product and process at department level and be able to independently take over responsibilities of the PME like contribute in product teams and product presentations/trainings for engineers.
- Initiate development of new standard products and solutions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology
- 8+ years of experience in material handling or related industry
- Understanding of AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable in the design, programming, and testing of PLC applications. Preferable Allen Bradley and Siemens.
- Knowledgeable in the configuration and commissioning of field control networks, such as ControlNet/DeviceNet/Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, ProfiNet, and ASi.
- Advanced experience commissioning, testing, and starting up controls system.
- Experience in the design and commissioning of HMI and SCADA applications.
- Experience leading other controls engineers when working in a project team environment.
- Experience setting up, testing, and troubleshooting VFDs.
- Understanding of product data/document lifecycle management software
- Knowledge of controls engineering theories and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Entrepreneurship, leadership, and influencing skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires up to 5-10% travel
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lift 25 pounds occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is requires sitting/standing in front of a computer in a stationary position for majority of the work-day. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery (printers, etc.), Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.