Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative & customer-focused environment to determine and translate customer needs into simple and effective design solutions, provide accurate time estimates, produce manufacturing and assembly drawings, create BOMs, and document design standards.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Translate concepts into realized alternatives, with a focus on own discipline, taking into account the functionality, feasibility, quality, manufacturability, costs, and completion time
- Takes into account other relevant disciplines. Makes optimum use of team members’ expertise
- Responsible for maintaining VI USA Equipment Product lines, including supporting documentation
- Defines a planning for the work to be done, estimates the workload and lead time and communicates to relevant colleagues about changes and risks pro-actively. Adapts to changes and is solution oriented
- Finalizes a design and its deliverables, according to our processes, in order to guarantee a smooth transitions to the relevant stakeholders
- Be a resource for coordinating technical details with VI USA Supply Chain
- Make improvements to existing equipment designs
- Occasional travel to manufacturing facilities and project sites to evaluate processes and design improvements
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology
- 7+ years experience in material handling or related industry
- Control panel design to UL508A
- Understanding of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Direct experience designing UL rated cabinets and enclosures to accommodate PLC controlled systems, including power distribution, motor protection and control, and Industrial Communication and networking (i.e. ASibus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Controlnet)
- Experience designing cabinets involving multiple hardware platforms for industrial control applications, including A-B/Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, SEW
- Understanding of a variety of hardware
- Understanding of product data/document lifecycle management software
- Knowledge of controls engineering theories and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires up to 5-10% travel occasionally
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lift 25 pounds occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is requires sitting/standing in front of a computer in a stationary position for majority of the work-day. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery (printers, etc.), Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.