The Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager works with the Director of Engineering and Vanderlande Operations team to successfully execute projects on time, on budget and with the expected quality. The role is both to manage the Electrical Engineering team of the Atlanta office (including attracting, retaining, motivating and inspiring talented and valuable employees) and to contribute to the strategic growth of Vanderlande by spearheading other value add initiatives and improvements. Projects may be in North America or Global, both requiring matrix level management of remote teams in addition to the direct management of the Atlanta team. This will require leadership of a rapidly growing team of Electrical Engineers, and the ability and soft skills to influence other departments including Sales Engineering, Pricing, Legal, Finance, Operations and Supply Chain both in the head office in Marietta and worldwide. The role is within Vanderlande Warehouse Automation Systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly manage an Electrical Engineering team in Atlanta including team leads. Provide leadership and develop individuals to grow the team. Hire and develop the team in Atlanta to manage both inbound and outbound global talent without disruption to customer objectives.
- Work with the Engineering team to identify and target the customers’ automation needs and translate these into cost effective (Material cost, installation speed and cost, design scalability, maintainability etc.) Electrical Designs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel in Marietta GA and globally.
- Develop and implement strategic goals of continuous improvement for the Electrical department. Create investment requests and proposals for new developments and tooling.
- Director of Engineering – Warehouse Automation NA
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working on MHE with a strong focus on Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Expert level in AutoCAD Electrical.
- 5yrs experience hiring and developing globally focused high performing engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Experience or Knowledge with Amazon automation systems.
- Project Management Experience.
- EPLAN experience
- Exceptional communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Exceptional collaboration skills.
- Personnel leadership and personnel development. Global strategic focus.
- Well-organized and process oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong data-driven analytical skillset and strong organizational skills.
- Creative and proactive person.
- Good sense of humour and ability to make people enjoy their work.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.