Vanderlande’s Site Management Department is responsible for the Installation and project execution of Material Handling Systems, Warehouse Automation and Parcel Sortation systems for our customers throughout North America. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding. You will report hierarchically to the Electrical installations manager, and daily to the Site Manager. In this position, you will be working within a Site Management project team to manage the installation of automation or parcel sortation system. You will be responsible for performing high quality electrical installation and to ensure the system is installed with efficiency, against the project specifications and technical requirements. You will follow detailed instructions to perform electrical installations and escalate any discrepancies in the customer standards, provided drawings or other information. This role is 100% travel it is expected to work 55 to 60 hours per week with overtime after 40 hours worked
- Lead up to 2 other installers / helpers to carry out tasks assigned by supervisor Layout and install industrial control equipment as detailed in engineering layout drawings in accordance with customer specifications and NEC requirements
- Size and route conduit, cable tray, wireways, boxes and other forms of electrical containment in conjunction with an electrical Supervisor or Lead installer
- Install, modify, bend and fabricate conduit and cable tray and supports as necessary
- Install, label and connect wires and cables as detailed in engineering drawings and schematics
- Install and test industrial networks as detailed in the engineering drawings
- Work independently and complete tasks on time with minimal direct supervision
- Audit and check an installed system for quality and completeness against a checklist
- Perform I/O checkout of completed system insuring it matches the engineering drawings and documenting any changes.
- Maintain a high degree of safety awareness and a rigorous standard of personal safety
- Assist supervisor with leading less experienced locally hired personnel.
- Maintain clear communications with supervisor on any issues of safety or productivity
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Ability to calculate and perform complex bends in EMT or Rigid conduit
- Ability to travel 100% of time, including internationally
- Access to reliable transportation to and from sites
- Ability to take direction from supervisor in assigning tasks to be completed by crew
- Ability to plan work for a larger crew on more complex projects and provide training/direction as well as daily goals for crew
- Ability to troubleshoot basic control and motor wiring circuit problems
- Ability to read and comprehend engineered drawings and schematics.
- Good working knowledge of the NEC with ability to size conduit
- Ability to evaluate progress against goals
- Ability to identify productivity improvements and quantify for supervision
- Very safety conscious and ability to provide safety leadership for assigned workers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience and knowledge in installing and/or maintaining conveyor equipment
- 1 year of experience installing and bending EMT or Rigid conduit
- Journeyman Electrician License
- Experience bending and installing Rigid or IMC conduit
- Low voltage cabling installation experience
- Valid Passport
- Experience in I/O checkout to PLC of completed motor and control wiring circuits
- Basic computer experience; basic emailing, spreadsheet input and report input
Self-motivated; results oriented; task oriented.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position
This position requires up to 100% travel.
Supervision of 1 – 2 installers
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job
- Substantial to extensive amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting
- Will talk and hear to communicate
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls and tools
- May require picking up, lifting, carrying and moving up to 50lbs
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work from platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Working in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE
- frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration and high noise levels
- Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.