Senior Layout Engineer
If you are looking to take on a fast-paced and rewarding role in a market-leading environment, then we at Vanderlande want you on our team!
A Sr. Layout Engineer role at Vanderlande can give you the opportunity to:
- Work with teams of experts on global projects
- Further your career by developing your skills and growing your network
- Be part of an international team dedicated to developing innovative solutions
- Provide expert technical knowledge to a team of diverse individuals
As a Senior Layout Engineer, you will be responsible for executing the 2D and 3D layout design of material handling system solutions. You will work to generate 3D AutoCAD models, plan views, and elevation views for warehousing or baggage handling system layouts that meet the customer and Vanderlande specifications. You will create 3D models of conveyor systems including catwalks, supports, header steel, and any other object that pay impact system designs. The Senior Layout Engineer will work effectively in a team environment and be open to learning new technical skills involving improving the Layout process and further developing their skills.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
- Reports problems based on experience and review of drawings & model
- Generates mechanical layout drawing package, including submittal preparation and revision control
- Develop mechanical installation drawings required for system assembly
- Perform site inspections as requested
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a drafting or similar related role
- Experience designing layouts utilizing AutoCAD
- Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors.
- Knowledge of Drafting Standards
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Technical knowledge/background in material handling processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.
Vanderlande Industries is a $1B leading global supplier of turnkey material handling systems for airport baggage handling and the distribution, parcel and postal markets. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer and System Integrator of all our material handling solutions. Vanderlande offers engineering, design, installation and operations as well as maintenance services.
Vanderlande Industries brings more than 70 years of experience and know-how to the industry and ranks as the 5th largest material handling supplier in the world. Our North America headquarters is located in Marietta, GA and serves the US, Canada and Mexico.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.