As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Supply Chain department is responsible for the procurement of all equipment & services, subcontracting of 3rd party designed equipment and site installation labor of material handling systems in USA, Canada and Mexico. The responsibility of the Supply Chain Coordinator is to manage the supply chain process for their assigned projects. He/she reports to the Team leader.
The Supply Chain Coordinator is the point-of-contact person for the Project Team regarding all supply chain questions. They are responsible for planning and coordinating the supply for their assigned projects. The Supply Chain Coordinator works closely with the project planner to define a realistic and committed supply plan for the project, and then helps to coordinate and support all functions within the Supply Chain Center (supply engineering, procurement, shipping, etc.) to execute the plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Supply Chain Center contact person for the project team (Project Manager/ Project Leader Engineering/ Project Planner/ Site Supervisor/Finance)
- Monitor, prioritize and report progress of supply orders for each assigned project. Identify and communicate all delays and possible corrective actions to the project team in a timely, organized and consistent manner
- Monitor and manage the SCC USA/CAN equipment budget for each assigned project
- Provide input, if requested, during the sales phase to assist Systems Engineering in producing a competitive proposal and realistic rough-cut project supply plan
- Once a project is sold, work closely with the project team to produce a Project Supply Plan, optimizing QLTC (Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost)
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Coordinate and plan all bulk and anonymous material supply
- Maintain supply base that builds long term strategic relationships with key partners
- Draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, and equipment suppliers and services level providers
- Ensure ethical principles and standards of purchasing practices in order to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements
- Excellent communications skills; strong people skills, team player. Able to communicate easily across different hierarchical levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to handle stressful, time sensitive situations and quickly set the right priorities, while maintaining a firm grasp of the details
- Strong computer skills, excellent MS Office skills and ERP systems; specifically, JD Edwards
- Confidence, “take charge mentality”, hands on
- Experience working in a project driven organization
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain
- Purchasing (creation, monitoring, and expediting)
- Analytical research within databases
- Good negotiating, contracting and procurement skills
- BS, BA degree in Business, Material Management or equivalent
- APICS (Association for Operations Management) certification preferred
- Material Planning (MRP, Kanban replenishment)
- Demand Planning (Forecasting, Supply history analysis)
- Technical/Mechanical training
- JD Edwards Enterprise One
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.