Job Description: Team Leader / Project Lead Engineer
Line Management: –
- Expert in electrical engineering & having experience 10+ years in the line management.
- Developing team of electrical engineers (including succession planning).
- Manage escalation in teams of direct reports.
- Develop the right competences & skills in group.
- Embed the Vanderlande core values in group.
- Delegate responsibilities and empower teams.
- Create high performing teams (team building etc.).
Operational resource planning: –
- Forecast workload and act on resource constraints.
- Allocate resources to projects in consultation with other GLE's.
- Maintain day to day resource planning.
- Manage operational resource escalations.
- Manage training & hiring.
- Consultant for project planning for projects in sales stage.
Project planning: –
- Creates the project plan / planning engineering and organizes accordingly.
- Reports and manages planning updates throughout the whole chain.
- Makes periodical Project Status Rapport (PSR) including risk and opportunities.
- Is linking pin towards Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Challenges estimates and challenges engineers to work efficiently.
Manage technical solution: –
- Responsible for delivery of (sub-)systems with the right quality.
- Technical sparring partner to customer and other external parties.
- Steers towards maximum application of Vanderlande standards (platform) both internal as external.
- Execute the health and safety analysis and ensures implementation thereof in the design.
- Support sales in bid- and contract phase.
Lead a team: –
- Create organization chart for the engineering scope and build a team accordingly.
- Lead the team in executing all activities
- Give technical support to the project team.
- Is responsible to execute the project according the Vanderlande process map.
- Coordinate closely with PM & IM, Lead the WP.
Manage budget: –
- Steer and reports LE and explains deviations.
- Create split up.
- Manage scope modifications.
- Pro actively manage risks and create and realize opportunities to improve CM.
- Report on latest estimate (monthly).
Continuous improvement: –
- Make improvement proposals of product, process, and tooling, and execute / lead these improvements.
- Is responsible for project evaluation of the engineering scope and is initiative-taking in rolling back lessons learned.
- Contribute to the improvement of department KPI's.