The Stock Controller is responsible for a smooth logistics process within the North American Distribution Center (NADC).
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Examine and resolve process / logistic problems in the warehouse
- Ensure the logistics process by means process descriptions
- Initiate improvement proposals (which are established in cooperation with the NADC team)
- Prepare business cases for improvement put forward
- Development and registration of Key Process Indicators (KPI) prepared by management programs
- Responsible for stock reliability and inventory control
- Manage daily cycle counting
- Provide metrics for 24-hour receiving of all branch plants, including on-time deliveries
- Inventory for on-hand count, count per location, part per location for all branches at a 95% accuracy
- Audit receipts of Purchase Orders and Pallets
- Produce pick requests for bulk allocation
- Responsible for process optimization, KPI and improvement initiatives, including realizing desired output
- Define and keep up-to-date of warehouse facilities and logistical processes
- First point-of-contact for all Warehouse Management Software (WMS) related issues, including entering IT ticket requests
- Acts independently in several technical tasks
- Identifies issues and solves problems which disturb the daily operation
- Following all safety procedures, regulations and keeping environment clean, organized, safe
- Execute additional tasks as requested or required
Required Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of warehouse and inventory experience
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Certification for Forklift Operator, along with tools and transport equipment
- IT Specialist, including basic knowledge MS Office and JD Edwards
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and mechanically inclined is a plus
- Detail Oriented and Stress Resistant
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to work and solve problems under pressure
- Ability to multitask and adapt
- Strong leadership skills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
- Team Player
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety practices
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, holidays and shiftwork.
This position requires no travel
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Employee will be working in a warehouse/manufacturing environment. Temperature can vary: cold temperatures of 40 degrees and will be required to wear jacket or warm/hot temperature of 70+ degrees. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Operate and maintain equipment and measurement instruments.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and/or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and rarely 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up-to over 75 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.