The Stock Controller/Shift Leadwill be a main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective measures. He or she supervises a team of Physical Distribution Employees. In doing so, the shift leader continuously achieves the agreed upon production levels and challenges both him or herself and the employees to optimize output efficiency. Quality, timeliness, safety and costs are the main drivers in this respect.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Supervises the 1st Shift employees by overseeing their work, assessing their performance, enforcing policies and corrective measures, be the point-in-contact for questions, complaints and concerns and leads by example
- Manages the daily operation, leads and sets direction of the production team
- Ensures that employees comply with the company rules, standards and key values at VI (acts as a role model)
- Develops employees so that they can cope with the demands of their current and possible future positions Vanderlande Industries
- Assesses employees’ performance and behavior (appraisal and correction)
- Sets priorities, distributes work, and monitors progress and quality
- Ensures timely and complete processing in the department based on the schedule and priorities issued by production planning
- Provide assistance to Manager (if applicable) on daily operations and perform as the manager in his absence
- Ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools and office supplies) and manage vendor interactions
- Initiate process improvements to ensure continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract
- Acts independently in several technical tasks
- Identifies issues and solves problems which disturb the daily operation
- Train and coach new employees and less experienced employees
- Assist and manage other areas as needed, required, or requested
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Warehousing / Logistics
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2 years of prior experience as a Lead or Senior role in Warehousing
- Strong leadership skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate with others in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions
- Ability to work Safe and knowledge of OSHA regulations and practices
- Ability to lead in a team environment and be a team player
- Ability to train employees to read, understand, and follow blueprints
- Detail oriented and stress resistant
- Must have a strong willingness to learn
- Must be able to lead and make decisions with little supervision
- Must monitor and maintain quality
- Must be able to identify process improvement
- Organizational and time management skills
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, holidays and shiftwork.
This position may requires up 5% travel to visit project sites and the Corporate office.
This position has Leadership Responsibilities. You will be required to Supervise up-to 10 employees/contractors during the work week. This number could increase due to the business needs.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Employee will be working in an warehouse/manufacturing environment. Temperature can vary: cold temperatures of 40 degrees, and will be required to wear jacket or warm/hot temperature of 70+ degrees. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Operate and maintain equipment and measurement instruments.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and/or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.