At Vanderlande, the procurement and manufacturing of materials handling equipment is centralized in supply chain centers. A supply chain center is responsible for all equipment sourcing within a geographic area. Specifically, there are (3) three areas: United States, Europe and Asia.
The Supply Chain Coordinator is the point-of-contact person for the Project Team regarding all supply chain issues. The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating the supply for their assigned projects. The Supply Chain Coordinator works closely together with the project planner to define a realistic and committed supply plan for the project, and then helps to coordinate and support all functions within the Supply Chain Center (supply engineering, procurement, shipping, etc.) to execute the plan, while not assuming the responsibilities for these functions.
JOB TASKS AND DUTIES
- Act as a Supply Chain Center contact person for the project team (Project Manager/ Project Leader Engineering/ Project Planner/ Site Supervisor)
- Responsible for monitoring, prioritizing and reporting progress of supply orders, for each assigned project. Identify and communicate all delays with a possible corrective action to the project team in a timely, organized and consistent manner;
- Monitor and manage the SCC USA equipment budget for each assigned project;
- Provide input, if requested, during the sales phase to assist Systems Engineering in producing a competitive proposal and realistic rough-cut project supply plan;
- Once a project is sold, work closely with the project team to produce a Project Supply Plan, optimizing QLTC (Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost), while also mitigating risk;
- Coordinate and plan all bulk material supply, with continuous monitoring through the bulk balance reporting;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS, BA degree or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) degree.
- Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards Enterprise One preferred).
- Purchasing (creation, monitoring and expediting)
- Material Planning (MRP, kanban replenishment)
- Demand Planning (Forecasting, Supply history analysis)
- Strong computer skills, excellent MS Office skills.
- Analytical research within databases
- Develop presentations and reports
- Good negotiating and procurement skills.
- Excellent communications skills; strong people skills, team player. Able to communicate easily across different hierarchical levels.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to handle stressful, time sensitive situations and quickly set the right priorities, while maintaining a firm grasp of the details.
- Experience in a project driven organization desirable.
- Technical / Mechanical training or experience,
- 3 to 5 years experience in Purchasing, or Supply Chain related field.