The Supply Chain Planner gets involved during the sales phase of a project to make sure that a realistic schedule for the “supply activities” will be established. In the execution phase of the project the Supply Chain Planner is responsible to establish a detailed and committed supply plan together with the central planning team. A large part of the role will be to form a close relationship with our internal manufacturing facility, key suppliers, and other Supply Chain Centers. Furthermore, the Supply Chain Planner has an important role in the process of continuously working and agreeing on schedules with project managers, site managers, project planners, project engineers, physical distribution, sourcing managers, and operational buyers.
The Supply Chain Planner will be part of Supply Chain Center North America and will report to the Manager of Supply Chain Development.
Job Tasks & Duties:
- Establish supply plans and import sold project data into the Vanderlande Workload Allocation Tool (WAT)
- Define capacity requirements plan
- Allocate and balance demand across supply chain centers
- Align supply and capacity plans with Sourcing and Manufacturing
- Create product forecasting on equipment and component level
- Constant monitoring of workload allocation between supply chain centers. Prioritize and re-allocate as needed
- Work with global category management to update products supply matrix and category plans
- Participate in Vanderlande S&OP meetings
- Manage Item Based Supply on a North American level including, but not limited to, setting up IBS part numbers and monitoring ordering of parts
- Improve quality of master data within all supply chain systems
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business (or similar field) or Supply Chain preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Prior experience in the material handling systems industry or similar (Construction, Contracting, or Engineering industry)
- Experience with project and manufacturing planning
- Experience with make-to-stock, make-to-order, and engineer-to-order manufacturing systems
- Experience with MS Office (specifically Excel)
- Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards is preferred)
- Excellent negotiating, contracting and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is essential
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.