SUPPORT SALES ENGINEER AIRPORTS & PARCEL
As a Support Sales Engineer your challenge is to reliably support the sales team to prepare a winning proposal finding the right balance between technology and a competitive price.
Within your role as Support Sales Engineer you support, challenge and team up with the Sales Engineer/Bid Manager in pre-bid, bid and closing phase to jointly secure projects.
In your role, you are responsible to deliver key elements of a proposal like pricing, documentation, compliancy matrix.
The department you will be working in, focusses on the development of the Airports & Parcel segment globally. To accommodate a successful growth and to prepare for future readiness, we are looking for a Support Sales Engineer to strengthen our team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing all requested Sales Engineering deliverables by the Sales Engineer, throughout all sales phases.
- Ensures that the defined sales strategy of the project is understood and reflected in all the deliverables.
- Ability to work on various projects in various sales phases simultaneously.
- Strong in listening and analyzing customer requirements.
- Responsible that all procedural steps are taken on time in accordance with sales process checklists.
- Supports the Sales Engineer in preparation of necessary documentation like pre-qualification documents, technical information, and presentations.
- Responsible to prepare compliance matrix for tenders/RFQs in detail. Consults specialists in India and The Netherlands to compare and analyze requirements for mechanical, electro-mechanical, controls, software against our internal standards.
- Supports in writing detailed quotations for the project.
Costing & Pricing Estimation
- Responsible for accurate pricing of the project throughout all the sales phases. Prepares split-up of pricing in accordance with Bill of Quantity (if applicable) in tender. Supporting in variation orders for the project, after it is sold.
- Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation of each of the discipline estimates into the bid proposal
- Review design scopes and develop quantities. Prepares direct labor estimates, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates.
- Review designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate
- Prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation for estimates. Perform comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects
- Update and maintain historical cost data. Support continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good listener and communicator. Speaks up when needed.
- Team player.
- Problem solving ability / attitude.
- Pro-active, searches for information instead of waiting.
- Takes ownership and responsibilities of assigned tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office especially MS Excel
- B.E./B. Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation/Electronics.
- Excellent in English language, both verbal and written
- 3-5 years’ experience in proposal making.
- Exposure to working on tenders, RFQs.