As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande’s Technical Support Services team is an industry leading partner for future proof asset, logistic and business services. Combining innovative, data-driven technology and industry expertise we offer a service portfolio, which includes maintenance services, process optimization, system upgrades and modifications throughout the lifecycle of material handling systems.
At Vanderlande, the North American Service Center is responsible for remote technical support services of our customers material handling solutions. You will have a leading role in making sure systems are available around the clock for our customers to use. Apart from the traditional service delivery aligned with ITIL (Incident, Problem & Change Management) we are also dedicated to developing ourselves as a business partner for our customers.
As the leader of the North American Service Center, you are responsible for overseeing all service incidents for our customers. Your responsibility is to make sure we deliver outstanding services to our customers, as well as supporting the customer to improve their competitive position with additional solutions offered by Vanderlande. You will ensure that our services are performing and supported in compliance with the agreed upon service levels with our clients and in so doing, be ready for daily operations.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of Remote IT/Systems Support for customers in North America via the Support Center/Service Desk supporting Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT).
- Responsible for developing and delivering the long-term strategic plan for the Service Desk function
- Management of N.A. Service Center US team delivering technical support services and managing incident, problem, and changes for live operations at customer sites
- External and internal Stakeholder Management
- Lead service related for Major Incident Management, ensuring post incident report is issued to customer sites, and if necessary, attending any requested meetings post incident
- Support the Senior Management team in new business initiatives as and when required
- Interface for North America with Global IT Service Desks
Knowledge and Skills Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines in a timely manner
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to stakeholders and management at all levels
- Risk mitigation, business development, commercially aware
- Effective communicator, attention to detail, strong presentation skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework and processes (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of IT and OT Systems
- Experience managing, training, and developing teams
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university (Preferably Degree in Engineering)
A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing service operations teams in a technical environment
Experienced in managing mission critical 24/7 complex support environments
Proven track record leading teams
ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certified desired
Must be willing to work flexible hours
Previous experience in Warehouse and Parcel Automation Systems preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.