Introduction – The future we want to build
Vanderlande’s Sustainability Program is organized around 4 missions aligned with the UN (United Nations) Sustainable Development Goals: Zero carbon footprint, Circular Economy, Good Business and Fulfilling Experience.
The Global Sustainability Team at Vanderlande is primarily responsible for the design, alignment and steering of the global sustainability strategy. This is achieved through close collaboration with Vanderlande’s Business Units, Departments, and stakeholders, which provide subject-matter expertise to provide insights into the various sustainability projects around the company.
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Program Manager within Vanderlande’s Sustainability department who plays a key role for Vanderlande in shaping our future.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Senior Program Manager Sustainability position is highly varied with a range of internally focused projects that require close liaison with employees from different departments and locations around the world, as well as external projects with relevant stakeholders throughout Vanderlande’s value chain, including customers and suppliers. This position serves as an important sustainability ambassador in the company, actively engaged both in internal and external networks.
Execution-wise, the Senior Program Manager Sustainability will support projects towards achieving Vanderlande’s 4 sustainability missions, along with structuring the building blocks of the program:
– Creating a global community – the sustainability strategy is global, but the leadership for sustainability initiatives is local. We believe in the inclusive empowerment of people and creating an international community – together we can make a difference.
– Meaningful partnerships – we will focus on leveraging our strong partnerships with our key accounts (KA) to prioritize and drive our sustainability ambitions. Aligning with KA plans and working together with KA teams to create a Sustainability KA Management competence.
– Measurable impact - Setting up SMART targets, with structured processes where the data can be gathered in an organized and logical way, supported by Business Intelligence.
Your key responsibilities are:
· Support overall sustainability strategy development, governance and long-term roadmap development;
· Translate ambitious long-term goals & objectives into smaller feasible work packages;
· Global program management: setting up & managing several related sustainability projects to achieve our sustainability ambitions & targets;
· Oversight of the purpose and status of the projects in a global program and use this oversight to support project-level activity to ensure the program goals are met;
· Building bridges across disciplines, Business Units & Departments. The program & related projects have a cross-discipline, cross- BU character & requires departments working together;
· Contribute to the responsibilities of the Global Sustainability Team.
You have a Masters’ Degree and 7+ years' experience with sustainability programs
Furthermore skills and competences are:
· Proven program management skills;
· Self-steering. You will flourish when experiencing freedom in your work and feels confident to move into the right direction based on the sustainability vision & strategy.
· Collaborator, build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among all disciplines, business units and management levels, in an international setting.
· Strong influencing and storytelling skills and ability to steer on projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization;
· You are a real team player
· You master the English language, verbal and in writing.
You have 3 direct colleagues in your team and many other colleagues across our company, globally and from different disciplines. All with the same drive to make our company & our world a bit more beautiful, day after day. You report to the Global Sustainability Officer.
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
· 27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days
· Flexible working hours
· Training and coaching to support personal development
· Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume. For more information contact Eric Everstijn, Senior Recruiter on +31413495288.