Would you like to design and prepare the winning solutions for our customers all over the world? Do you have a good insight of our market, our competitors and our suppliers and are you able to translate this to a customer solution? Are you the authority that is able to train, inspire and guide our colleagues over the globe?
As a Systems Engineer it is your job -together with a team of experts- to deliver feasible concepts and to help our organization grow, both economic and technical. Are you up for this challenge?
At Systems, people are passionate about system performance and business risks & opportunities. Young bright people leaving the university learn the dynamics of all our complex systems at System Simulation. Experienced, more senior people coach the Vanderlande population at " Systems Concepting", by actively participating in all big tenders and defining concepts that combine technical advanced features of our products with business value for our customers. User Experience is an essential part of our proposition, and a group of System experts ensure that UX is in our veins. System architects define how all our complex products work together in order to be flexible yet proven. Emulation finally is crucial to safeguard the quality of all our products, ensuring maximum performance.
You report directly to the Systems Concepting Director, Parcel.
You are responsible for the overall design of sorting systems all over the world. This can either be in hubs & depots within Express & Postal. Where you want to deploy your talent depends on your preference and experience.
You are positioned amidst sales, operations and R&D, where you focus on translating business requirements into design of products, concepts and applications. Not only from a technological perspective, but also commercial and keeping practical implementation in mind.
Specific responsibilities in this role include, but not limited:
- Play a leading role in the concept phase of new projects;
- Achieving acceptance through persuasiveness and trust. You are able to build relationships with decision-makers at tactical and strategic level;
- Being able to create (new) business and playing a leading role in determining (potential and actual) developments of market segments and products;
- Pin pointing the key aspects of concepts based on analysis and experience;
- Adding value to multiple projects simultaneously.
- A relevant, technical Masters degree;
- A good understanding of simulation and quantitative analysis;
- Knowledge and experience with automated material handling systems (preferably with Vanderlande systems);
- Excellent knowledge of English language (any other language is a plus);
- You are a team player in a communicative world. With excellent communicative and analytical skill ;
- You have a helicopter view to analyze complex systems, create structure and provide solutions;
- You enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary environment;
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Vanderlande is an International company with offices and customers around the world. This role will require interaction and meetings with customers and business partners and could require up to 30% travel.