As the Team Lead of Project Procurement Buyers, you will be responsible for the oversight of procurement and subcontracting of 3rd party designed equipment, site installation labor, and services to be incorporated in our client’s material handling systems for small to very large projects in North America. As the Team Lead you will mentor the team of Project Buyers and provide guidance with their day to day responsibilities. The Team Lead will be part of the Operations Team and will report directly to the Manager of Project Procurement Warehouse Solutions.
- Lead the team of Project Buyers during the project execution phase, provide guidance, mitigate risk, and support problem solving.
- Communicate expectations, assignments, and responsibilities clearly and professionally to team members.
- Work closely with the Sourcing Managers to communicate the 3rd party requirements from specification to the delivery of equipment.
- Manage the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for all Installation Services. Verify the accuracy and completeness of quotation packages generated by the Project Buyers prior to submittal.
- Support in the sales & execution phase of projects by submitting RFQs for all installation support services needed for the Project.
- Process Change Orders and provide status updates to the Project Operations Team.
- Involvement in the process of supplier selection with the Sourcing Managers and the Project Team, ensure we are meeting the defined needs of the Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy.
- Analyze, create and implement innovative supply opportunities and strategies that enhance the market position and/or profitability on a local level.
- Draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with the Contract Manager and Corporate Counsel.
- Knowledge of Minority/Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE), possibly attend outreach events to ensure that Good Faith Effort (GFE) requirements are met and well documented, this will be at the direction of the Contract Manager.
- Support and collaborate with Project Engineering and Execution to minimize total project risk and cost.
- Incorporate work instructions associated with Project Procurement and supervise the archival, sharing and protection of critical project communication documents related to Project Procurement.
- Onboard and provide or coordinate training to all new hires.
- Ensure ethical principles and standards of purchasing practices in order to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent preferred.
- APICS (Association or Operations Management) certification (CPM or related) preferred.
- 8 – 10 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain.
- Must have contract writing experience, knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Prior experience in the Material Handling Systems industry or similar (Construction/Contracting or Engineering industry) is advantageous.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural behavior.
- Experience moving seamlessly between different cultures.
- Results–oriented attitude.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical and financial skills.
- Strong communication and decision–making skills and ability to act as proactive ambassador for the department.
- Drive and ambition to elevate the department to higher levels.
- Confidence take charge mentality, hands–on.
- Experience with MS office and ERP systems.
- Willingness to travel 20% domestic and international.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.