As a Team Leader in the Site Management department, you will manage a team of site supervisors and site managers. You are key in enabling and facilitating them in ensuring smooth on-site project preparation and execution. You will be the first point of contact for a project to be resourced with a site team responsible for the installation phase. Based in Veghel, you will visit sites, monitor the overall performance and keep your team members aligned with Vanderlande policies on safety and quality standards. In this process, you will help your team in their personal and professional development within the Vanderlande organization.
Our team of site managers and supervisors is responsible for the installation of our material handling systems on our customers sites. The department consist of 50 site managers and supervisors working internationally in Europe. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding worldwide. Working in different regions and cultures the Site Management team with more than 10 nationalities amongst them is flexible and able to adapt to local requirements. The Site Management team operates in all Vanderlande disciplines: airports baggage handling-, warehousing-, parcel- and postal projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities
In this all-round position, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning of your team: assign resources to upcoming projects, based on both project requirements and personal development
- Convince your stakeholders regarding resource allocation with proper analyses
- For ‘your projects’, you are responsible of managing the proper preparation together with the site manager, needed for a smooth execution start and optimized performance
- Monitor the installation performance of the projects your team members are working on: safety, quality, efficiency.
- For ‘your’ projects, you will strive for continuous improvements based on performance monitoring
- (Remotely) lead and support supervisors and site managers
- Coach and instruct your team
- Ventilate a high sense of safety awareness
- Manage the competences in your team required for the projects to come, for example safety and technical competences.
- Advise project teams about installation and perform quality checks
- Improve on team- and department processes
- Give detailed feedback about progress and status
- Maintain a correct administration on contracts and personal documents for your team.
As a Team Leader we ask you to bring:
- HBO / WO Bachelor (Master is pre) level education in a technical field
- Affinity with line management
- At least 3 years relevant working experience, line management experience is a pre
- Affinity with- and knowledge of automated equipment and systems
- A strong safety awareness
- Continuous improvement and coaching DNA
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office and other commonly used software
- Experience in project planning and project organization is a pre
- A willingness to travel (25% indicative)
- Well-developed international and cultural awareness
- Excellent command of the English language, and a good command of the Dutch language
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Strong leadership skills
- Confidence and decisiveness
- A people oriented personality, a supporting management style
- Feeling for processes
- A problem-solving attitude
- Professional communication and negotiation skills