Technical Product Owner
Veghel- The Netherlands
Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems and innovation is the key to winning in a world that is changing faster than ever, which is why it is essential for Vanderlande to develop cutting-edge solutions. The use and development of cutting-edge technologies is core to that success. This technology alone does not make a successful organisation and our mantra is “In a world of technology, a belief in people”. Within the Development Centre Software (DCS) departments you can be one of those people and bring your passion for cutting-edge technologies and have an opportunity to make a positive impact to some of the world’s leading companies that rely on Vanderlande to give them a competitive advantage. The software and solutions that we create are at the core of driving the equipment and processes that make this happen. Be a part of the team that is creating software that is being used in hundreds of the world’s leading organisations worldwide.
As a Technical Product Owner you work closely with other Technical Product Owners, Product Managers and Software Architects in refinement and defining feature functionality and acceptance criteria to meet the product roadmap. You will be responsible for gathering and defining software requirements through user epics and stories to meet the expected feature functionality of Vanderlande’s customers. Additionally this role will prioritize software construction activities, utilizing a release management strategy within an Agile culture and working with software development teams. Serving as a SME leader for the groups, this role requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- You collaborate with Sales and Product Management on market research, future features and functionalities to meet new sales markets and demands
- Works with Solution Architects to help define the solution and produce cost estimations
- Creates technical and feature roadmaps along with release planning, sprint goals, and grooming both technical and business functionality that meets multiple development projects
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to meet expected deliverables
- Communicates with management and stakeholders on sprint and project milestones, KPIs, etc.
- Able to do post mortem and root cause analysis with teams along with retrospectives to improve the construction process
- Able to work with test engineers to build complex testing scenarios for system validation as part of release management approval process
Your qualifications and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or equivalent;
- You have at least 5 years of technical/operational experience within Material Handling domain or similar controls based environment
- You have at least 3 years experience in Agile gathering technical and business requirements as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Expert working knowledge/experience defining event driven applications based on domain driven designs utilizing micro-services through ubiquitous business domain language
- You have experience in automation and control based systems
- Strong coach on implementation of SAFe or Agile scrum and working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team) and ability to influence at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Technical Product Owner appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Annelieke van der Poel (Recruiter) on +31413494599 or Annelieke.van.der.Poel@vanderlande.com.