Vanderlande Industries (www.vanderlande.com) is a global company with headquarters in the Netherlands and a growing Canadian subsidiary head office located by the Vancouver International Airport in Richmond, BC. Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande's baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world's top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world's leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande's efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimization of its customers' business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande's extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realization of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology. Being established worldwide, and having grown in sales in the Canadian market, we are looking for a top-notch Systems Integration Co-op student to join our expanding team in Richmond, BC.
- Assist with integrated system testing and customer level testing.
- Assist in maintaining standardized documentation at integration and customer levels.
- Act as part of the deployment team, helping execute tests onsite.
- Identify and minimize (technical) risks.
- Reporting of the progress and status of the test execution.
- Understanding, interpreting and following procedures, standards and regulations.
- Communicating and working closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical / controls engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
- Advising the Engineering/Integration Manager of needed improvements for project execution and proposing technical solutions
- 3rd or 4th year Systems Design, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering student
- Experience with integration and configuration.
- Experience background in at least one relevant engineering discipline related to material handling.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance pass
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal, and written skills; verifiable supervisory background.
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving skills under stressful conditions.
- Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subcontractors and office staff and solve problems.
- Strong team mentality and willingness to accept responsibility for project completion.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work/activities.
- Knowledgeable in project scheduling.
- Knowledgeable in electrical and controls engineering theories and principles; electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes.
- Ability to understand PLC programs (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Modicon) SCADA systems (RSview, Wonderware, Allen-Bradley), Database applications, AutoCAD, MS Office suite and MS Project (or other scheduling software).