Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Takes a leading expert role in solving complex multidisciplinary (Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, PC, HLC)incidents in the automated baggage handling process.
- Ensures integrated systems of the material handling solution cooperate and function adequately to ensure optimal performance. Identify and minimize (technical) risks.
- Responsible the technical quality and successful acceptance testing of modifications/extensions to the material handling solution.
- Identifies and details (in cooperation with Vanderlande experts) modifications, changes and improvements to the material handling solution. Supports quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
- Advising the Engineering/Integration Manager of needed improvements for project execution and proposing technical solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems.
- Managing requirements, integration, configuration and software changes throughout the life cycle of the material handling solution (define release plans).
- Validates and ensures complex integrated change/modification/extension requests are vetted against the overall design and will deliver the desired solution performance
- Supports Execution of projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance of the organization.
- Oversees the transition of complex systems to live operations to ensure system functionality and alignment to customer’s operational requirements.
- Supporting the system design from mechanical, hardware, system and network design, software development (PLC and/or HLC related systems), integration of different components, system commissioning and testing through to final handover to the customer.
- Evaluates system performance after go-live to drive continuous improvement of system performance and facilitate process improvement.
Communicating and working closely with O&M team, Clients, Sales and Project organization, subcontractors and other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical / controls engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
- Understanding, interpreting and following procedures, standards and regulations.
- Execute/test integration between components PLC and HLC.
- Execute simple updates for the HLC components
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing and managing highly complex and large scale material handling systems.
- Experience with integration and configuration and change management
- Experience background in at least one relevant engineering discipline related to material handling.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when it comes to testing and integration on site. Occasional travel abroad might be required, especially during training period in (Europe, Canada, Atlanta) will be required upon commencement.
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Technical knowledge background in material handling processes.
- In depth knowledge of architectures, integration strategies, test approaches, V model and software development and testing (emulation/simulation).
- Software Change and configuration management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of (controls) engineering theories and principles.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and take appropriate action.
- Proactive and hands on work ethic.
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion.
- Strong analytical skills, think at integrated system level and identifies opportunities for Material handling solution improvements
- Provides structured approach and is able to communicate approach to internal and external stakeholders
- Takes initiative, initiates improvements, handles pressure and changes well
- Able to drive realizing and continuously improving highly challenging KPI’s of the Service contract.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. May require support off hours based on situation.
This position requires up to 30% travel.