Training and Development Manager
To manage all aspects of training and competence for the UK businesses, working within the business as a tactical and strategic partner. In addition, support the CoE Learning and Development Team in developing and delivering a value adding Training & Development function, which supports and furthers the achievement of business objectives and improves organisational performance.
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for:
• Managing all aspects of developmental and compliance training across the UK businesses.
• Lead and support the delivery of a professional Training and Development service to the UK business.
• Develop effective relationships with the operational management teams to assist / conduct analysis of training needs, the identification of Training & Development requirements; creation of development plans; and analysis of Training & Development activity.
• Ensure all training delivered, either internally or externally, complies with legislation, standards and good practice.
• Lead, manage, review, improve competency frameworks to align with evolving business needs
• Assist with all activity associated with the ISO standards and Training & Development, including supporting accreditation activity and audits.
• Provide Business Leads and Management Teams with regular reports / updates on Training & Development activity including evaluation and reporting as appropriate, to ensure the service is tracked, monitored and reviewed to address potential issues and service improvement standards.
• Support the business with knowledge and input on technical, compliance and statutory requirements for any bids / tenders for new work.
• Develop and implement the Training Strategy in line with the overall business strategy and the continuous improvement of employee Training.
• Maintain a customer focused service (internal & External) in line with business strategy and processes to support the current operational and future business requirements.
• Working with the Vanderlande Academy in the delivery of blended solutions and training sessions to the business across all levels.
• Understand systems of record for Training within the business to support and develop ongoing business requirements.
• Ensure strict security and confidentiality is maintained in respect of information held electronically and/or manually, ensuring compliance with legislation including the Data Protection Regulations.
• Work within established Company policies and procedures.
• Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
• Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
• Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
• To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
- Support the Early Careers strategy in developing apprentices and graduates with their learning path.
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
· The Successful candidate should have experience in the following
- Able to link business objectives to Training solutions through collaboration with management
- Able to provide commercially focused Training & Development solutions
- Able to build relationships and work in partnership with management
- Able to coach and mentor management
- Able to adapt to changing business needs
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and deliver in a complex environment
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates initiative
- Professional, customer orientated and flexible approach
- Experience of working with third parties and suppliers
- Able to design and deliver a variety of Training & Development solutions
- Organised, proactive, self-starter and an inspirational team leader
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and devise appropriate solutions
- Proven experience of providing tactical and strategic and operational Training & Development advice and guidance to a business
- Proven experience of implementing successful Training & Development solutions within a fast paced and complex environment
- Facilitation/Training Delivery experience
- Experience of working within an operational multi team environment
- Experience of management development and soft skills training
- Experience of leading & managing a team
- Budgetary management experience
- Experience of working within an engineering environment
- Knowledge of Learning and Talent Management systems
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of current Training & Development trends and technologies