Do you want to play a key role for Vanderlande in shaping our sustainable future? Are you looking for a role where you get to work together with our strategic partner Heathrow? If so, we might be looking for you!
Vanderlande’s Sustainability Program is organized around 4 missions aligned with the UN (United Nations) Sustainable Development Goals: Zero carbon footprint, Circular Economy, Good Business and Fulfilling Experience.
The Global Sustainability Team at Vanderlande is primarily responsible for the design, alignment and steering of the global sustainability strategy. As a Sustainability Manager for Vanderlande UK you will report to the Vanderlande UK Quality & Sustainability Manager. You ensure that the Vanderlande UK and wider operation in the NEME region is supporting the Vanderlande Global Sustainability Framework.
As a Sustainability Manager you will be the sustainability lead for the UK Airports and Parcel Solutions and supporting the customer centre NEME. You will develop and engage a UK sustainability community, including encouraging reporting of sustainability topics and ensure alignment with the Global Vanderlande Sustainability Strategy. In this role you will be driving improvements which will impact on the sustainability requirements from our key account Heathrow Airport. The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for development and confirming that Vanderlande and sub-contractor project environmental management plans comprehensively capture Vanderlande and customer specific requirements and will administer appropriate governance during the installation and manufacturing/supply processes. Furthermore:
- Creating and monitoring project environmental management plans
- Legal report activities such as SECR, ESOS
- Implementing and subsequently managing an ISO 14001 Management system
- Maintaining ISO 50001 management system
- Conduct training and awareness on sustainability related activities
- Monitoring and auditing (project on-site activity, sub-contractor/supplier activity and improvement projects)
As Sustainability Manager you ideally will have a recognized qualification in Sustainability/Environmental Management, with appropriate experience within this field, in particular within a project or service environment.
- A passion for sustainability and the environment
- Experience in working with management systems (ISO 14001, ISO 50001)
- Proven management skills
- Computer literate, capable of using MS Outlook and Office suite
- Self-steering capabilities. You will flourish when experiencing freedom in your work and feels confident to move into the right direction based on the sustainability vision & strategy
- Ability to collate data and generate the present reports.
- Experience in training and auditing suppliers.
- Willingness to travel within the UK to project sites or supplier’s sites
This challenging position offers the chance to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We offer a fulltime position in an informal, professional work and technical innovative environment with a lot of possibilities to develop yourself.
Besides your salary, we offer you the following:
- 28 vacation days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours
- Couple Medical Cover
- Training possibilities
- Travel compensation
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg, recruiter on +31 413 49 44 08