- Exercise safe working practices at all times, demonstrating and complying with all Company safety policies, including but not limited to personal protection equipment, following Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Clear bag jams and respond to trouble calls regarding the Baggage Handling System
- Maintain cleanliness of system, providing cleaning including but not limited to sweeping, housekeeping, collecting trash, cleaning dust and debris and general housekeeping of area around system
- Responsible for operations of Manual Encode Station
- Monitor the manual encoding station to manual scan bags that have been held by the system due to size or jams.
- Responding in a timely manner to dispatched calls
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude and comprehensive skills
- Monitor the BHS system from control room as needed
- Follow instructions from control room operators, technicians and supervisors on maintenance needs
- Operate Load Correcting Zone
- Clean BHS equipment and areas.
• Minimum 1 year working experience in an industrial environment
• Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge, and airport driving permit and a CBP Security seal.
• Minimum 1 year working experience in an material handling (baggage handling, material, warehouse, distribution center, etc) environment
• Technically inclined, with potential to learn and grow into maintaining material handling systems
• Basic Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• General knowledge of conveyor systems.
• Ability to be flexible and shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic and takes initiative
• Customer and service oriented
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Unjammers and Manual Encoders work in hangars, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules. Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, eligible to receive an hourly rate and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial hourly rate: $19.00
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.