The warehouse operator is responsible for receiving purchase orders, unloading and loading trailers, picking orders, creating space-consolidated warehouse inventory, and performing cycle count while following company processes. This position reports to the Manufacturing Inventory Manager.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Proactively create space in warehouse for incoming material while following company process of recording all bin to bin transfers in JD Edwards.
- Pick Orders accurately and in timely manner. All completed orders must be delivered to the appropriate assembly or staging area. Make all corresponding inventory transfers in JD Edwards once pick is complete.
- Receiving. Use forklift to unload trailers and receive all delivered POs accurately and in a timely manner. All received material must be immediately put in to rack or warehouse location both physically and in JD Edwards. Follow company process.
- Shipping. Use a forklift to load trailers. All shipped material’s item numbers, and quantity shipped must be documented accurately.
- General housekeeping and specific sanitation tasks as required (e.g. you may be asked to sweep the floor, help clean a trailer, take out the trash, etc.)
- Cycle Count. Will be required to count inventory by Item Number and or Location when asked by Manager or Stock Control.
- Acts independently in several technical tasks
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3 to 5 years of Warehouse experience
- 1 year Stand Up Forklift experience is preferred
- Prior experience using JD Edwards (or SAP), RFgen, Excel
- Must be able to communicate with others in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions
- Ability to work Safe and knowledge of OSHA regulations and practices
- Ability to be a team player
- Detail oriented with an ability to monitor, and maintain quality
- Must have a strong willingness to learn
- Must be able to make decisions with little supervision
- Organizational and time management skills
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Self-Starter with critical thinking skills
- Must be able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. The general work schedule is Monday through Friday – 6am-2:30p. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, cold temperatures of 40 degrees, and will be required to wear jacket. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.