Vanderlande is the market leader in efficient logistics process automation within the airports and parcel sector. In addition, we are a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande has a strong strategic partnership with Heathrow Airport. Heathrow, with more than 80 million passengers a year, is the most active airport in Europe having the most connections to other airports. All these passengers expect their luggage to reach the same destination. That’s where Vanderlande comes in as a strategic partner with full responsibility of the performance and maintenance of Heathrow’s baggage handling systems.
You will be supported to achieve a NVQ Level 3 at Kingston College, where you will spend your first year.
Apprentices will work towards completing a NVQ Foundation, BTEC L3 in Advance Manufacturing and Engineering, and NVQ L3 in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Mechatronics Maintenance Technician). This program is accredited via End Point Assessment by iMechE (EngTech).
You will then continue your learning working within London Heathrow Airport. The Apprentice Service Technician will be performing maintenance duties to ensure productivity and output, equipment availability, health & safety compliance and quality. You will be performing the following tasks:
- Ensuring a top condition of the various installations
- Responsible for performing malfunction and maintenance work as well as carrying out preventive and periodic maintenance, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Resolving mechanical, electrical and any control technical faults
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you will apply for a service technician role within Vanderlande.
What we expect from you
As an Apprentice Service Technician, you make an important contribution to customer satisfaction, whereby the continuity of the customer process is central. You therefore have an enthusiastic and proactive attitude and are flexible
What we see as a nice to have:
- Five A*-C or 9-4 grade GCSEs (Including Maths and English).
- An interest in engineering
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude
What we offer:
- Performance related pay
- 288 Hours Holiday (once on shift in your second year)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero or sausage roll at Greggs! Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume. For more information contact Gareth Jones, recruiter on (+44) 07391 866 451.