Baggage Flight Planner
VAO and BCCR Team
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working for the business based at Heathrow, the flight planner will be supporting the VAO and the BCCR in supporting the Operation by effective and efficient management of data and baggage flight make up planning.
To take full responsibility for ensuring that timely, accurate and value adding information is provided through daily baggage flight plans.
- Takes personal responsibility for planning activities and projects as well as their own development. Shows initiative and is willing to put in extra effort to achieve personal and business goals. Has the ability to remain calm under pressure and manage stressful situations.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Ensures the highest quality of information, reports and communications are being delivered to our customers and internally. Builds business partnerships with key customers and other external partners by understanding the business and political environment in which they operate and by adding personal value.
Drive to Win
- Sets high expectations and goals for self and is tenacious and focussed in the execution of actions to meet business goals. Follows through on own commitments and builds commitment in others. Makes effective and sound decisions with speed. Approaches day to day challenges with a positive attitude and a drive to win.
- Acts as a supportive team member in an environment where teamwork is key. Builds strong and effective work relationships with others. Commits to supporting the larger group effort and assists others in the completion of their tasks to support group goals. Promotes respect for differences among people and encourages tolerance and openness.
Every day better
- Strategically challenges the status quo for identification of ongoing enhancements to operational effectiveness and enhancement of the customer experience. Commits to the concept of constant improvement in our procedures, protocols and operating techniques.
Safe Base & We Care
- Works in a safe manner and adopt Vanderlande’s culture and strong focus on Health and Safety and wellbeing. Does the right things, driven by real belief in safety excellence and sees safety as a strategic and cultural essential rather than just a process.
The Baggage Flight Planner’s responsibilities are:
- To ensure conformance with all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- To provide strategic support to the Operations team
- To ensure a high level of communications is established and maintained with all stakeholders
- To support the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives through the Plan – Do – Review ethos
- Daily plan generation and overall responsibility for quality and content of data, inclusive of ensuring that all daily plan inputs generate efficient and coherent outputs
- Provision of all seasonal and non-live flight planning templates plus any ad hoc schedule make up planning for HAL terminals to maximise efficiency and minimise disruption
- To help facilitate internal airline moves
- To assist project planning by providing different options for MUP solutions
- Liaising with handlers to get best MUP solutions for all stakeholders
- Assisting with emulation and simulation works for projects to identify capacity and planning issues
- Share knowledge; Training and familiarisation for staff members
- Developing an understanding of the controls of the baggage process, requirements of the airport and airline operations
- To be familiar with, and comply with, Company policies, procedures and training – whether health & safety, environmental standards, quality, ways of working or our information assurance practices which protect our network and information.
- To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
· The successful candidate should have experience in the following:
- Decision making
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong continuous improvement ethos to systems, processes, and self
- Adaptable and quick to learn using a variety of different tool sets and methods
- Ability to concentrate and multi-task numerous different duties in a an everchanging environment
- General Airport Knowledge (desirable)
- Airline / Handler Knowledge (desirable)
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, at all levels internally, with the client and representatives of other companies
- Strategic thinker, stands back from situations and thinks expansively when setting direction, developing solutions or solving problems
- Building business partnerships with key customers and other external partners by understanding the business and political environment in which they operate and by adding personal value. Is easy to do business with.
- Setting high expectations and goals for self and for others. Ensures implementation of plans in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Is tenacious and focussed in the execution of actions to meet business goals. Follows through on own commitments and builds commitment in others. Makes effective and sound decisions with speed.
- Builds understanding about what is valued by the organisation and aligns personal approach accordingly. Makes a positive personal impact.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Able to multi – task
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-organised with excellent time management
- Strong judgement / decision making skills
- Able to plan ahead
- Detail conscious
- Committed and self-motivated
- Able to work unsupervised / on own initiative
- Able to work well under pressure