Within our Loop Group department (part of Business Unit WS) we have an open position for a Department Planner (0.6 – 0.8 FTE).
The Loop Group is responsible for the engineering, supply, installation and commissioning of the loop sorters in our projects. These loop sorters (Crossorter, Helixorter and Traysorter) are applied in all three market segments (Airports, Parcel and Warehouse Automation) all over the world.
The total team consists of around 70 people and executes projects that range from small sorters with manual induction to large systems with complex sorting algorithms and high capacity inducts. On average the team has about 45 parallel projects in progress and the turnover is about 53 million euros per year.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on interesting, international projects together with a highly motivated multidisciplinary team of engineers and project leaders, please apply.
In this position you are a key player responsible for planning the execution and staffing of all our global Loop Group projects. Your main responsibility is to provide the Project Leaders and Management Team with clear insights in resource demands and availability – at operational, tactical as well as strategical level. By acting as a well-informed communication channel, you are able to signal disturbances that may compromise project execution and help the Project Leaders to find viable solutions.
Your core tasks
- Take ownership of operational resource planning for our global Loop Group resource pool in the Netherlands, India, Germany, Spain, US etc.
- Verify and check the match for global site work demand with relevant resource capacity such as travel restrictions, timely visa application/grant, required work permits available prior to commence of site works.
- Alignment of global resource demand, available capacity and required knowledge for Loop Group projects with Project Leaders and Management Team.
- Generate tactical resource planning (6-12 months ahead) for global loopsorter projects in sales stage; alignment with sales teams in Customer Centers and Management Team.
- Generate strategic resource planning (3-5 years ahead) based on Long Term Planning of Customer Centers.
- Create and maintain (high level) execution planning for new loopsorter projects. Alignment with Project Leaders, sales teams and/or project management in Customer Centers.
- Coordinate specification releases by extracting data from our EDP database (Electronic Delivery Program) and pro-actively follow up specifications to ensure they are released on-time for supply of our Loop Group projects.
- Senior secondary vocational education and training (Dutch MBO+) or Bachelor education (Dutch HBO);
- Preferably working experience in a project organization;
- Microsoft Excel and planning experience;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise at different levels.
- Good command of the English language is required, Dutch is preferred.
- You are flexible and creative.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the challenging profile appeals to you, apply now by filling out the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information, please contact Carlijn Kneepkens (Recruiter) at 0413-495192.