You will provide detailed instructions to the crew members based on engineering drawings and resolve or escalate any discrepancies in the customer standards, provided drawings or other information. You are proactive in reporting and resolving logistic, technical or organizational problems and have good communication with the customer about progress, out of scope work, non-conformities, timely payments and all other site related issues. This role is up to 100% travel and it is expected to work 55 to 60 hours per week with overtime after 40 hours worked.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Responsible for safe installations, alterations, additions, and/or repairs of electrical systems, associated materials, and equipment within the material handling industry
- Directly responsible for leading and managing crews of up to 20 – 40 individuals and contractors that could consist of lead persons/crew leaders, journeymen, apprentices, and/or helpers
- Engage in an active role with onsite vendors to supplement the electrical installation
- Coordinate with Electrical Supervisor to lay out project work and ensure that materials, tools, equipment, etc. are scheduled in a timely manner to meet scope, budget and project construction schedules
- Coordinate with the Electrical Supervisor and customers to lay out locations of electrical equipment and devices
- Route, size and install conduit, cable tray, wireways, boxes and other forms of electrical containment to properly accommodate equipment detailed in engineering drawings
- Ensure that all wires and cables are installed, labeled and connected as detailed in engineering drawings and schematics
- Perform I/O checkout of completed system insuring it matches the engineering drawings and documenting any changes
- Ensure that all industrial networking is installed and tested as detailed in the engineering drawings
- Work with Electrical Supervisors and other Lead installers to find innovations and improvements to improve efficiency
- Accountable for the on-site supervision of assigned electrical installers in such a way to ensure scheduled completion of projects within established budget, time frame, quality and performance standards. Ability to evaluate progress against goals.
- Assist the electrical supervisor in reviewing project documents, plans, and specifications, directing installation activities, resolving construction difficulties, coordinating field installations, project close-outs, and developing and/or maintaining customer/client relationships
- Complete assigned tasks within the standard operating procedures, project costs, time constraints, and quality standards
- Assist with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and ensure equipment is installed to Vanderlande and/or client standards
- Provide additional assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Vanderlande and other equipment
- Maintain a high degree of safety awareness and a rigorous standard of personal and site safety
- Setup and maintain temporary power systems in a safe operating condition.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to travel on short notice and spend up to 100% of the time traveling
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and off-shifts
- Knowledge of conduit and containment routing and the ability to train others
- Ability to read, understand, red line, and challenge electrical layout drawings, standards, and schematic
- Ability to troubleshoot complex control and motor wiring circuit problems
- Exhibit leadership by example
- 3-5 years material handling or automation industry experience
- 1 year of experience installing and bending EMT or Rigid conduit
- 5 or more years of experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment
- Identify and analyze (potential) problems / risks and opportunities and initiates
- adequate corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure the Vanderlande processes within the project
- Initiates improvements of the site management process
- Perform quality checks on installation and these processes
- Detailed knowledge and experience in a technical or specialty area
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to manage installers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman and /or Master Electrician License
- General proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- OSHA 30 training
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers, data base functions and communications
Preferred Qualification, Education, and Experience:
- Working experience with material handling equipment
- Experience with AGVS, AS/RS, or conveyors
This is a full-time position.
This position requires up to 100% travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Substantial to extensive amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting, and lifting
- Will talk and hear to communicate
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls, and tools
- May require picking up, lifting, carrying, and moving up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders, stairways, and may occasionally work from platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements
- Working in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold, and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration, and high noise levels
- Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves, and leather steel-toed work boots
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.