Electrical System Architect (R&D)
Are you ready to move the World of Technology forward towards automation and material handling solutions? We are looking for a electrical automation designer who helps shape the electrical architecture and design that allow seamless integration of world-class material handling modules into our customer solutions.
In Technology, former Research and Development (R&D), no two days are the same. Our activities are based all over the world and each project is different. These projects improve the business of our external customers within the Airports, Warehousing and Parcel business. Our talented electrical designers are committed to solve the next challenge and are enhancing Vanderlande’s competitive position.
As electrical system architect you are responsible for the specification and design of electrical modules and architectures to be used worldwide in our logistic systems. Your design is implemented by a team of engineers with whom you closely cooperate. You will be a partner of the multidisciplinary design team. Together with the module architect, integrator and experts from other disciplines you are carrying the responsibility for the architecture(?), concepting, developing and the final release(s) of your electrical module or architecture and it’s desired functionality.
Within the parcel platform we are developing a next generation sorter with many electronical challenges, such as: power distribution via a brush mechanism, wireless communication, high speed embedded controllers. Of course this comes with the more generic electrical challenges in any system like: EMC, ESD and Safety Norms and Standards (CE/UL). These solution will be used by customer like Fedex, DHL, Amazon and many others all over the world. The main challenge is that we have to handle many different parcels on a high speed with many parameter variations (Size, Weight, Shape, Friction etc.).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for an electrical design and architecture from initial requirements set by the module architect or system designer until the delivery to the integrator
- Translating concepts into designs that can be used as a basis for producing a set of deliverables (such as Eplan drawings, product design specifications, technical requirements);
- Familiar with power distribution, power supplies, cabinets, ASi bus, industrial ethernet, sensors, encoders, vision systems, embedded controllers and motor driver (frequency controllers), etc. and their further development and optimization;
- Apply Norm & Standards like UL and CE including EMC and ESD
- Electrical/mechanical component research;
- Organizing and conducting tests in our Innovation Centre;
- Requirements Management. Write requirement specifications, design specification, test plans, specifications and report in the Vanderlande requirement tooling (e.g. DOORS, HP Test Centre, Enterprise Architect)
- Applies methodologies and techniques for example: PSDM, 8D, DFMEA, Design for Six Sigma, Numerical Calculations etc.) to solves problems and make structured designs.
You have a pragmatic and result-drive attitude. You are eager to learn and curious about the new technologies within and outside Vanderlande.
- You have a relevant bachelor or master’s degree in a technical area e.g. Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a proven track record indicating a comparable knowledge and abstraction level
- You have +/- 3-6 years of relevant working experience in designing and engineering multi-disciplinary industrial systems
- You are able to keep the overview and to operate on various abstraction levels
- Able to define a suitable electrical architecture
- Have gone through the V-cycle of a product development in relevant domain -> agile experience (not a must but advantage)
- It is important that you can convince others of a particular point of view to obtain an agreement with your stakeholders
- You have solid knowledge with CAD system for electrical design (Eplan etc.) -> would be good to gather all “practical competences”, not spread it over text.
- You master the English language, both orally and in writing
We offer you the opportunity to learn new things and develop your personal skills, while working with remote team members.
Our company has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Ralph Jonker (Recruiter) +31 413 494 559