The Facilities Operations Manager will perform varying and complex responsibilities in a high-visibility, fast-paced environment to ensure accomplishment of Vanderlande’s overall mission. Primary duties include the location and coordination of the acquisition of site warehouses, regional offices or other real estate requirements as required by the various business segments. This individual will conduct site searches, negotiate terms and act as the initial administrator during the start-up of the facility. Also included in this function is the monitoring and maintenance of existing facilities, re-negotiation (where necessary) of current leases as well as the termination and shut down of facilities no longer required by the business. Other broad responsibilities include interacting with officials at senior levels to interpret and react to facilities needs as presented.
This position requires an individual who works with considerable independence and initiative in an
operations environment, exercising sound judgment in accomplishing the projects assigned. Attention to detail, accuracy, and sensitivity to confidential information in addition to written and oral
communication, technical, and time management skills are necessary. Requires competency in
management and personnel relations. Overnight travel will be required.
The Facilities Manager will report to the Logistics Manager – North America
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides facilities management input, including planning and oversight of short and long-term facilities projects.Acts as VIliaison for building services and property management, lease management,and compliance oversight.
- Interacts with a diverse group of business managers to help in determining the needs and scope of additional facilities.
- Conducts site searches to determine availability and budgetary costs for potential new facilities,
- Negotiates acquisition terms to include lease costs, build-out costs and timing; determines infrastructure needs and facilitates the acquisition of necessary fixtures and equipment and the acquisition of appropriate licensing and permitting required for operations.
- Acts as facility administrator throughout start-up to insure consistency through all VI facilities.
- Re-negotiates lease extensions and terms for existing facilities based on business needs.
- Formulates and executes exit plans for facilities that are no longer required by the business.
- Monitors, manages and serves as point-person for all day-to-day facilities operation responsibilities, procedures and services including plumbing, HVAC, furniture, fixtures and equipment, security, maintenance, installation and repairs.
- Responsible for developing/monitoring facilities budgets and reporting financial information on a periodic basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Requires an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) or equivalent work experience
• Four years of facility management or equivalent experience with increasing responsibility
•Commercial real estate experience (finding properties, negotiating terms, all aspects related to setting up a new site location) strongly desired
• Ability to take initiative, operate independently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Project management, and logistical planning and implementation skills
• High level critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to connect
operational duties to overall organization goals and strategies
• Creativity and innovation to improve existing processes and define new processes
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build strong relationships
• Ability to coordinate the work of others not under direct supervision
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Ideal candidate must demonstrate maturity, have excellent judgment, discretion and problem
solving abilities, and be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.