Airports VIBES Front-end engineer
Would you like to progress your career as Front End Engineer by laying down the foundation for products that are used at 100+ Airports? If the answer is “yes!”, then look no further than Vanderlande!
We will give you the opportunity to play a crucial role in productizing a robust, scalable and maintainable Front-end system for baggage handling systems (BHS) that can accommodate the rapid addition of features in our products. As the company scales, your work will become a vital source of support to other product teams in the workstream.
You will be joining our VIBES UX workstream. Here the creation of UI software, that is being used in hundreds of the world’s leading organizations worldwide, is taking place. This crew works on frontend problems like accessibility, theming, layouts, and supporting operators/handlers in the airports using it daily. You would help build the designs in a scalable and consistent way. This by keeping in mind users, designers, and developers.
This is our tech stack:
- Micro Front-ends
What will you be doing?
The VIBES-UX Workstream consists of 3 Agile/Scrum teams. You’ll join the team located in Veghel, whilst 2 other teams are located in Quebec (Canada) and Atlanta (USA). You’ll be working in a multi-disciplined team of developers, who work closely with our product owners and UX designers.
As a Front End engineer and member of the VIBES-UX Veghel team, you’ll develop features, contribute to SW designs, and FE frameworks. Your responsibilities are:
- Implementing code from UX Designs and component requirements, in the form of reusable Angular components.
- Testing (Unit and integration) these components.
- Creating SW Documentation
- Being a committed team player in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team
- Acting as a knowledge holder on front end implementation
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and improvement points within the team
What do we ask from you?
If you are excited to join the team as our new Front End Engineer, we ask the following qualifications/knowledge of you:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development and (automated) testing
- HTML 5, CSS3 and SCSS
- RESTful services and APIs
- Web components
- You are a team-oriented collaborator who takes initiative to drive your own work
You’ll stand out even more if you have knowledge of:
- Knowledge of Storybook, ngRx, RxJS, Jasmine/Jest is an advantage
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration is an advantage
- Experiences in industrial domain
- The Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Front End Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
- On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Front End Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.