Vanderlande is the market leader in efficient logistics process automation within the airports and parcel sector. In addition, we are a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande has a strong strategic partnership with Heathrow Airport. Heathrow, with more than 80 million passengers a year, is the most active airport in Europe as it has the most connections to other airports. All these passengers expect their luggage to reach the same destination. That’s where Vanderlande comes in as a strategic partner having full responsibility of the performance and maintenance of Heathrow’s baggage handling systems.
Working within the Health and Safety department, the HSEQ Advisor will be responsible for providing Health and Safety support for projects delivered at Heathrow Airport. The position is days based and will also involve working several days each week into the evenings to support the night teams. Your roll will include:
- Provide advice and support to Vanderlande teams to meet requirements of legislation, ISO standards and company processes & procedures.
- Support implementation of the Vanderlande HSEQ Policies to drive improvements and gain / maintain certification.
- Promote a proactive approach to HSEQ management including regular site visits & contact with supervisors, managers and subcontractors to ensure issues are clearly understood and effectively managed.
- Drive an incident & injury free culture.
- Maintain a strong focus on key quality issues, right first time and the appropriate management of risk
- Assist teams in compiling and communicating user friendly documentation to manage HSEQ risks including pre-start planning and meetings.
- Assist managers in ensuring competence of their teams (including contractors) and ensuring adequate records are maintained along with key risks and non-conformances.
- Liaise with project and support teams to close out non conformances.
- Drive compliance with the CE marking process and maintenance of appropriate Vanderlande records.
- Investigate of site issues, accidents, incidents and non-conformances, including production of accident & incident reports and root cause analysis.
- Facilitate the delivery of corrective and preventive actions for significant issues in conjunction with the relevant teams / managers.
- Undertake Internal Auditing / Supplier auditing with reports and follow up of findings.
- Communicate companywide issues to relevant teams.
- Assist HSEQ Manager in meeting objectives / other duties required by the projects / contracts.
What we expect from you
- Detailed knowledge of health, safety & environmental legislation underpinned by a NEBOSH qualification (L3 Certificate as a minimum requirement), and other relevant HSEQ training. Membership with professional bodies such as IOSH or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, written oral and presentation skills as well as proven leadership and communication skills at all levels within the business and clients.
- Strong understanding of CDM and its application to support teams in achieving high standards during the sales, design, installation and commissioning of projects.
- Practical HSE experience in either a Maintenance, Construction or Engineering industries and application of health & safety practices in a variety of working environments.
- knowledge of airport bylaws – desired
- Experience in incident and accident investigation, management and report compilation including detailed Root Cause Analysis.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience in development & delivery of HSEQ training packages such as Inductions, Toolbox Talks, Safety Alerts, Incident Investigation & Risk Assessment.
- Internal Auditing qualification (Internal Auditor qualification – desired)
- Strong computer skills including database, presentation, spreadsheet and word processing packages
- Experience coordinating external client and supplier audits and associated activities
- Experience supporting teams in delivering high standards of safety, quality & environmental management through appropriate processes, communication, auditing and follow up.
What we offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- 224 Hours Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Bupa Medical Cover
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero or sausage roll at Greggs! Along with hundreds of savings on day to day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume. For more information contact Gareth Jones, Recruiter on +44 (0)7391 866 451