Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
As ICT Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for all continuous operations of the assigned information technologies infrastructure such as in-house applications, databases, their network, and interactions with various depending systems of the Baggage Handling System (BHS) at Istanbul Airport. Your responsibility is to act as Level-1, Level-2, and Level-3 service desk with the assistance of the Global Service Desk operations. You will follow the ITIL based functional and tactical procedures and the assigned tools during the operations.
As ICT Infrastructure Engineer you will ensure the delivery of the planned preventive maintenance over the systems as well as the problem items and the changes that may require. Furthermore, you enhance the performance of the incident management by constantly updating the knowledge base so that the engineers can quickly resolve incidents.
In this function, you will work in shifts. You will constantly collaborate with Operation Team and Maintenance Team on Shift, other engineers of ICT team, engineers/specialists of Global Service Desk Level-1,2,3, and 4 to ensure the continuity of their service functions. You will report to the BHS IT Manager.
- Analyzing & reporting of system performance and undefined behavior and phenomena of the system as well as functional reports and specific flow situations.
- Executing the lifecycle of open tickets, proper reporting between shifts, and communicating with the stakeholders.
- Monitoring shift reports and raising problem items when required.
- Analyzing and filtering events that are potential incidents.
- Working on priority 1 and 2 incidents when escalated, resolving them within SLA
- Planning and delivering preventive maintenance tasks & assigned change tasks (back-ups, patch execution, etc.)
- Managing ICT security on the domain
- Creating documentation such as manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, work instructions and communication drawings.
- Performance analysis on the tickets and performance review with Functional Managers
- Studying developments on product lines, working with the latest and current firmware updates of the products managed by the Infra team, and updating the information in the Synergy database.
- Creating new or updating the existing processes according to the change management process to increase the process efficiency
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related other fields
- You have diverse IT component knowledge or understanding on Windows & Linux/Unix platforms, as well as Virtualization, Clustering, and Backup Solutions.
- Performing, developing, and maintaining system security administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, applications, and network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards, and procedures of the organization
- Troubleshoot and maintaining the site to site VPN tunnels in the multi-vendor platform, manage client to site VPN tunnels.
- You have ITIL Foundation knowledge
- Certification on one or more of the above items is preferable
- 2-5 years of experience on one or more of the above items is preferable
- You are able to create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings
- You have excellent communication skills, writing and speaking, in the Turkish and the English language
- You live in Istanbul or willing to move there, within commuting distance of the new airport
- Initiator and follower on engineering solutions.
- Strong customer focus
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able to provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and management at all levels
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skillset, and to develop and mentor other team members
- Proactive (focus on service improvements)
- Eager to learn. Have the ability to dig into technical problems in its own areas, at the same time to maintain the overview on the system, software, and system behavior
- Have very good analytical skills and able to think “out-of-the-box”
- Ability to work under pressure on mission-critical systems
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard
- Good scheduler and performer in highly planned task regime
- Able and willing to work in shifts