General merchandise, fashion and food retail companies need to be flexible in handling the levels of orders, fulfil online orders and store deliveries, and cope with a lack of available workforce. Those companies continuously improve their supply chains and invest in innovative technologies. At Vanderlande we understand the complexities associated with operating a successful warehouse operation and deliver future proof logistic process automation.
The System Integration department is part of the business unit Warehousing Solutions within Vanderlande Industries. We are responsible for the solution design, testing, and integration of complex Warehousing systems worldwide for customers such as Albert Heijn, Nike, Lego and Walmart. To integrate all components (mechanical, electronic, OT software, IT software and IT Hardware) into a working system and according to the specifications, is quite challenging, especially for large and complex warehouses. As such, this is the focus area of the System Integration Management team.
Our automation systems are composed of many (electro-) mechanical and IT components, built by teams in various parts of the world and must be integrated with other (software) systems to support the processes of our customers.
As an Integration Engineer, you are involved in integrating the various components and subsystems of these systems. You are also involved in the integration with the customer's IT systems and processes. You test the system to ensure that it accomplishes what it is supposed to. Frequent testing involves attempts to intentionally break the system to identify any problem areas, based on an analysis of technical risks.
Test- and integration engineers contribute to the success of projects through their superior knowledge of the system as a whole, its operational objectives, how all its parts work together, and all the technical factors that go into its development.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Make test designs and test plans based on system design, risk analysis and customer demands;
- Implement test cases and scripts, prepare the test execution and build and configure the test environment;
- Set up test environments and the test-tooling;
- Execute the integration-, system- and customer acceptance tests;
- Analyze and report the test results, (production) problems and verify solutions;
- Discuss results with developers, solution architects / clients or other team members.
As an Integration Engineer you report to the Integration Manager.
You are an analytical problem solver who thinks in a systems perspective. You are able to manage small details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture. You like to work together in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree
- Relevant working experience in testing and integration
- Affinity with IT and Industrial Automation
- Interested in logistic processes
- Basic knowledge of Systems Engineering and / or Software development
- Basic knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
- Good communication skills in English
- Team player and proactive
- You are willing to travel for about 50% of the time
- Knowledge of automated test-tools (execution, result registration, test management) is preferred
In this position you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organization has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
Besides your fixed salary, you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Company Health Center (Fitness, Bootcamp, Running Academy, etc.)
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Integration Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about the position, you can contact Carlijn Kneepkens at 0413 – 49 51 92.