The Mobile and Workstation team is responsible for the software used for the manual handling of baggage handling in multiple leading worldwide airports. As senior software engineer you are responsible for the end-to-end development of the (connected) desktop applications and services used in this important process.
You are one of the leaders in designing, programming and testing new features and new applications based on a system design concept and a set of requirements. Often, you will have to personally formulate these requirements together with the (end) users and/or internal stakeholders. In addition, you specifically take the lead in upgrading the team’s applications to the latest technologies and practices, such as .NET 6.0, CI/CD, and Kubernetes.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile senior software engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Participating in software and system design for large and complex projects
- Being a committed team player and lead in an Agile team including planning and reporting
- Having a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement (process, methods, techniques, etc..)
- Analysing, troubleshooting and fixing internally and externally encountered problems and requested changes
- Creating application designs and implement these in code
- Supporting testing and integration of SW Components
- Taking part in communities of practice
- Providing support within the team and to outside stakeholders
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5 years of working experience as a software engineer
- C# /.NET (including WPF)
- Design principles such as Domain Driven Design, SOLID
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- XML/XSD and/or REST APIs
- Container based deployment (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control tools (Git / BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo)
- The Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage.
We offer you the opportunity to learn new things and develop your personal skills, while working with remote team members.
Our company has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
27 days vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
Flexible working hours
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com.
If the challenging profile of Lead C# Developer appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.