Maintenance Manager II
Our Services division offers a full-service portfolio, which includes operation and maintenance services, process optimization, system upgrades and modifications throughout the material handling system's life cycle at airports. The Operations Manager is responsible for the Operation of our baggage handling system at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Provides leadership, management, and direction to the onsite team to achieve safety, quality, productivity, cost objectives, along with meeting customer service goals.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Works under the direction of the Service Manager to oversee site system maintenance for Individual Carrier System (ICS) and Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBB).
- Manages a small to normal sized maintenance contract.
- Manages team performing a variety of less interrelated activities.
- Manages the daily maintenance activities, leads and sets direction of the maintenance team including subcontractors.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting with Service Manager, customers and corporate management to review performance, as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence of staff to our health and safety plan, training requirements and overall participation in the company health and safety program.
- Administer CMMS documentation for all maintenance work orders, PMs, Parts Inventory and labor hours.
- Improve capability and capacity of maintenance personnel.
- Plan and manage resources to ensure the cost-effective execution of system maintenance.
- Train, manage, and lead employee performance to ensure continuous improvement.
- Process administrative work that supports the maintenance and operational processes.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and ensure that safe work practices are utilized.
- Maintain, and enforce site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, PLC code control (per TSA's PODS 4.2 guidelines).
- Track Operational KPIs with the use of SCADA, VIBES, ITMC and others.
- Assist Airport in administering spare parts allowance and airport audits of spare parts inventory.
- Promote training initiatives
- Generate standard operating procedures.
- Conduct BHS failures root cause assessments.
- Conduct ongoing BHS Assessments.
- Promote Equipment and vicinity cleanliness and good housekeeping practices.
- Provide written reports of any kind requested by the airport.
- Work with Service Manager to oversee and manage Site P&L to achieve budgetary cost and margin goals.
- Identifies recurring issues and elaborates ideas for improvement, i.e. the quality of work, performance of employees and cooperation with other departments.
- Sets priorities, distributes work, and monitors progress and quality.
- Improves departmental processes and performance of the crew. This may lead to people development
- Liaise with operations manager on the impact of maintenance on the delivery of day to day operations.
- Liaise with VIBES Specialist, IT Engineer or Operator for system readiness and anticipate issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with system operations management and managing employees, leading, motivating, and mentoring teams
- Experience with Control Systems and Networks, a plus
- Experience in industrial, commercial construction, or material handling/conveyor systems industries.
- Experience adhering to and implementing customer contracts
- Experience coordinating training with a team; on-boarding; appraisals; recognition; recruiting etc.
- Proven track record of problem solving, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) field preferred
- Airport and Warehouse Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Strong client interface and professional presentation
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Entrepreneurial attitude – problem solving and innovation
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. With the expectation to manage a 24/7 maintenance operation.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, exempt position, eligible to receive a salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Salary: $87,300 – $106,700
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.