Job Posting Title
Service Operations Manager
Job Description Summary
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 6,500 employees globally, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
We are looking for a Service Operation Manager for our Airport Passenger Checkpoint Screening Solutions. You will be overseeing Logistic Support services to TSA reporting to the Regional Contract Manager
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Manage the maintenance team and activities of service contract
- Proactively locate improvement opportunities in operational process and activities.
- Become the fallback in case of absence Regional Contract Manager
- Manage shift schedules, vacation time, and overtime
- Communication and coordination with stakeholders during operation and in cases of breakdown.
- Liaise with Regional Contract Manager on the impact of operations on the delivery of day to day maintenance activities
- Liaise with Regional Contract Manager on training plans, skill development
- Liaise with Regional Contract Manager on the impact of operation’s performance on budget
- Coordinate with Supply Chain on spare part delivery
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Education
- Min 5 years of relevant work experience
- Min 2 years of management/ team leader experience
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% domestically
- Qualified to receive Airport SIDA badge
- Qualified to pass government background check administered by Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshall Service’s, Personnel Security Section (PerSec).
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience managing service or operations under a government contract
- Self- confidence / Independence
- Customer-orientation / Service provision
- Persuasiveness / Communicational skills
- Making Choices
- Stress resistance
- (Organizational) Sensitivity
- Maintaining relationships
U.S. Remote; Marietta, GA; or Dallas-Ft Worth, TX
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time salaried exempt position
This position has supervisory responsibilities
Up to 40% of the time for team and customer site visits
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.