R&D Controls Development Engineer
Are you interested in new technologies? Would you like to work on a variety of international projects involving different market segments? If so, the position of Controls Development Engineer could well be the ideal next step in your career and personal development.
Winning with smart platforms. Within R&D we are working on a smart platforms to standardize the way of working for all Vanderlande solutions worldwide. We need you to elevate the platform standards and functions to the next level. The scope for the R&D controls engineer is delivering and testing software for controller our equipment. This involved e.g. functionality to enter and exit our systems in a controlled way, algorithms for tracking and tracing, sorting and merging.
As a Controls Development Engineer you are responsible for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining high quality equipment control software running on a transport controller (PLC). You will need to translate requirements to software functions. During this process you will plan review meetings, deliver design documentation and create a test plan. When the complete functionality is clear you can start implementing you code making use of our software library. You will to test and validate your code on emulated hardware. Once you are ready your solution will be used worldwide in multiple projects and you are responsible to support when required. Lessons learned will result in recommendations for improvement.
In this challenging role, you will be widely involved in all kind of architectural, design, development and support activities.
You must have obtained a relevant technical degree within the last two years. If you recognize yourself in the following profile, please prepare and extensive your resume and cover letter:
• A bachelor or master degree in a technical education program (e.g. Electronics, Mechatronics or Software related);
• You have proven affinity with systems controls during your working experience, internships or hobbies;
• You are an empathic team player with excellent communication skills;
• You are a smart self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Driven to success, eager to improve every day and demonstrate a desire to be challenged;
• Prepared to travel to support your solution in case of a pilot (10%);
• Good command of English is mandatory;
• Knowledge of Siemens Step 7. Experience with STL is a plus;
• Knowledge of fieldbuses e.g. PROFINET and ASi is a plus
in the challenging and responsible position of a control engineer, you will contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. An organization which has been elected as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer' for several years in a row. We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for professional development besides your primary salary you will receive the following secondary conditions:
· 27 days of vacation & 13 ADV days
· Flexible working hours
· Commuting allowance
· Travel and Accommodation regulations
· Pension scheme and group discount on insurances as healthcare, car and WGA
· Participation in our Health Care project e.g. training facility
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information you can contact Jasper Pijnenburg on +31413494408 (recruitment).